• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Photo & Video Forum Suggestion

Bob Ayers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
In addition to sharing photos on this forum, why don't we open it up to photography discussions. There seems to be more and more people buying
DSLRs, which have way more capabilities than Point and Shoot digital cameras. This includes different PP (post-processing) software and techniques for RAW images.....

Any thoughts??????

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
That's fine. My wife is a photo nut and your right, more and more people are getting involved with cameras.

Jspafford

Logan Andrew Feb 17, 2012
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy 3500HD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
6.6L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
35"
Yeah bob, I need a tutorial on my Nikon D40.

I will now sit and wait patiently for you to post one..

8~}

Bob Ayers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah bob, I need a tutorial on my Nikon D40.

I will now sit and wait patiently for you to post one..

8~}
Would you believe I bought my D70 in January '05, and I'm still learning?
Could be I'm a slow learner..........

One suggestion, however. Check out this link to some classes Nikon offers. They offer them at different places around the US, and if there is one offered close to you, I highly recommend it. They offer 2 classes, back to back over a weekend, and I recommend taking both of them:

http://nikonschool.com/

I will be happy to try and answer any questions you might have regarding your D40 (great camera, B.T.W. , maybe we can talk Jim into buying one for his wife).

Now, one question, have you gotten out of shooting in "AUTO" mode? Everybody (including me) is always anxious about taking photos right away,
and start in "AUTO" mode. Unfortunately, this mode doesn't take advantage of the camera (or lenses) and you won't be much better than a Point and Shoot.

Bob Ayers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Would you believe I bought my D70 in January '05, and I'm still learning?
Could be I'm a slow learner..........

One suggestion, however. Check out this link to some classes Nikon offers. They offer them at different places around the US, and if there is one offered close to you, I highly recommend it. They offer 2 classes, back to back over a weekend, and I recommend taking both of them:

http://nikonschool.com/

I will be happy to try and answer any questions you might have regarding your D40 (great camera, B.T.W. , maybe we can talk Jim into buying one for his wife).

Now, one question, have you gotten out of shooting in "AUTO" mode? Everybody (including me) is always anxious about taking photos right away,
and start in "AUTO" mode. Unfortunately, this mode doesn't take advantage of the camera (or lenses) and you won't be much better than a Point and Shoot.

Anything Justin?

Jspafford

Logan Andrew Feb 17, 2012
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy 3500HD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
6.6L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
35"
Anything Justin?
The camera got a workout this weekend.

A good friend of mine took photographed Heather and I for our engagement photos... Two years late..

He took something like 200 pics at different locations with us wearing different outfits.

I learned I can press the round ? button and it will tell the description of the current mode your in.

I also found I can adjust the zoom manually.

I am going to post up the pics later, right now I am sorting through the 250+ threads that have come about since I left home Friday.

:icon_thumby:

Bob Ayers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
The camera got a workout this weekend.

A good friend of mine took photographed Heather and I for our engagement photos... Two years late..

He took something like 200 pics at different locations with us wearing different outfits.

I learned I can press the round ? button and it will tell the description of the current mode your in.

I also found I can adjust the zoom manually.

I am going to post up the pics later, right now I am sorting through the 250+ threads that have come about since I left home Friday.

:icon_thumby:

Great! I can't wait to see them!! Aren't you glad the film for a D40 is so cheap?;missingteeth;

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals