• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

93 ranger slammed -HELP-

93Range302

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1993 & 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0's
Transmission
Manual
i have a stock 93 ranger that has 220k miles ... its not worth much so i dont want to dump a bunch of money in drop i beams ... i want to just slam the hell out of it for cheap and drive her till she dies completely ... so i f anyone can tell me exactly how to do this sorta thing, or has some used i beams, please let me know .... my plans are to murder it out and sell it to some kid who thinks its worth something (after some abuse of course)

thanks

Insanejughead

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
RBV's on Boost
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94, '86
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3T
Transmission
Manual
Why not just fix up what is wrong with it and sell it for more than you got it for? Don't even bother lowering it.

I don't understand wanting to lower a truck to just sell it to some kid who "thinks" he's getting a good deal. That's kinda retarded in my book.

I wanted to sell my '94 right after I got it, but only because I didn't want to spend the time working on it. I soon started fixing EVERYTHING on it and now it's THE most dependable vehicle I've seen. Now that I've got it lowered too, I am starting to think ahead to getting my '85 up and running. I still won't sell the '94, though. It's become attached to me after all the sweat and blood I've put into it.

93Range302

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1993 & 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0's
Transmission
Manual
well i have a 97 4x4 lifted so thats my nice truck ... i want to use the 93 for a daily driver and trust me all it takes is a lowering kit around my house to make a truck worth while

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
still, ripping some kid off? thats not cool. but lowering it, you could flip the rear shackle and bracket, the front, you could have the beams cold bent, but im not sure how much. and its not the safest/easiest to do.

Madracingalley

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Volvo....
Engine Size
2.4L T5
Transmission
Automatic
My 94 is super dependable. i beat the pizz out of the clutch and it does burn outs without effort..(its hard not to do it) even at 160K it's the 4.0 V-6 that "at idle" sounds like a 2.3 4-popper, And gets about the same Gas mileage... at 20 mpg

93Range302

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1993 & 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0's
Transmission
Manual
still, ripping some kid off? thats not cool. but lowering it, you could flip the rear shackle and bracket, the front, you could have the beams cold bent, but im not sure how much. and its not the safest/easiest to do.

i beams cold bent ? how would i go about that?

rippsnorter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I definately wouldnt recomend modifying the stock beams in any way. bad things could happen and you could become that dumb kid with the crappy lowered truck that you were talking about selling it to. If you want to drop the front on a budget you can cut the stock coils, cut it down in 1/2 coil increments, no more than 2 total coils, until you get the desired height. Be sure and have it aligned if you go that route.

In the back you can do a couple things. You can get a flip kit, they usually only cost around 60-80 bucks, or you could flip the rear hanger, which will only cost whatever you spend in new bolts at home depot

blue_demon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Even cutting the coils isn't the best way to go. Look for drop beams on E-Bay or something. Lowering isn't necessary to get worth out of it. You'd be surprised at how much a little paint or cleaning up will do. You can get some cheap chrome steel wheels on it. As for trying to screw over some kid, you need to be kicked in the balls for that.

zachis4wheeling

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
drof
Transmission
Automatic
As for trying to screw over some kid, you need to be kicked in the balls for that.
X2

Scenario #1.....You sell the P.O.S. to some kid after ya do whatever stupid shit ya wana do to it. Something breaks on it. He goes lookin on the net for help. First thing that pops up on google is TRS. He finds this post since its in the 2wd/lowered suspensions posting area since whatever went wrong prolly involved some 1/2 ass work ya did to it. He then comes and does what I or any guy with a set of balls would do and kicks the ever living shit outta you...then he goes to the cops with these posts as proof that you sold him a vehicle with cheap, 1/2 ass mods done to it that make it potentially dangerous, and then ya go to jail or have to pay fines or pay him back for the truck.....

Scenario #2.....You sell the P.O.S. to someone after ya do the 1/2 ass mods to it and because of the shitty work done to it, the thing breaks on them while driving and it goes outta control killing them or someone else. Then ya gotta live with that on your conscience for the rest of yur life. All because you wanted a couple bucks for some truck that you figured you could get away with doin shitty work to in order to sell it.....

Scenario #3.....Ya fix what's wrong with it, clean it up, touch up the paint and sell it as a safe reliable vehicle......

Just for thinking of doin shitty 1/2 ass unsafe work to a vehicle to try and sell it to some unknowing kid......you outta have the shit kicked outta you.....

Insanejughead

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
RBV's on Boost
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94, '86
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3T
Transmission
Manual
This is kind of a good mathematics problem.

When you do 1/2 ass shitty job, you will do 2 times the amount of damage.

If you were to put 4 times the effort into making sure something is good, then you'll kinda be decreasing the possibility of something bad happening by 75%.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals