• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

lift questions

twoshoes028

Reaction score
whats the max tire size u can fit without rubbin with a 6 in skyjacker lift and 3 in body lift on a 93 ranger with a 3.0 also any1 know if the aftermarket bodymount brackets on ebay are strong enough to hold up my truck lol

hitech_hick

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Depends, how much do you want to trim your fenders? With that much lift, I would go with 35's and some dished out rims for added stability. With that much lift, you shouldn't need to trim for 35's if you are running bump stops. If you want to go bigger than 35's, you will probably have to trim. As for the body mount brackets, are your current ones rusted out? As for the body mounts, didn't see any glancing around on e-bay so I can't really comment on them. All I can say is that you get what you pay for. I would try the stealership, some parts stores like carquest might also carry them.

hick

du510

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
MAZDA
Transmission
Manual
I've got 6" with no bodylift, and I run 33's with no problem. You shouldn't rub with 35's... just keep in mind that it takes more than just a lift to run 35's safely.

hitech_hick

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I've got 6" with no bodylift, and I run 33's with no problem. You shouldn't rub with 35's... just keep in mind that it takes more than just a lift to run 35's safely.
I have a 4 inch suspension, 3 inch body, I have trimmed the fenders, and I still manage to mash my tires into sheet metal every now and then. Granted it I am not running extended bump stops, but it is definitely something to think about.

hick

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."
35's but then you'll need gears to turn them too.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals