• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Probably asked a thousand times

patmedic

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Just put a 5.5inch super lift with super runner kit on my 93 super cab. My camber is horrible / \ . I have not taken it to the alignment shop yet. Is this something I am going to have to start drinking over again or is this something new camber bushings can fix? Any advise is greatly appreciated.
patmedic:

Last edited:

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
you'll probably need new camber bushings, but it should be fixable.

if the shop cant get the camber into specs, you'll probably have to use the upper hole on the lift brackets.

patmedic

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the information. This 93 Ranger is a work in progress when I get it all back together latter this week I will take it to the alignment shop. I will try and keep you informed. thanks patmedic

jglimpse

Reaction score
I was having the same problem after I put my lift on I had to go to the upper holes and put some spacers under my springs

patmedic

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Why spacers under the springs? Is that to increase your ride hieght back up to 5.5? Where did you get them and how big did you go? Thanks

jglimpse

Reaction score
Yeah my truck is a ext cab 4.0. I went down and got spring spacers they go in the coils they are 1.5 inch metal blocks. They where about $7 for 4 of them. I hate the things but I wasn't 100% sure that more lift would fix my problem, so I didn't want to pull my springs again . but that seems to have fixed my problem so this week I'm going to pull my springs and put spacers under my springs. Hope that helps I know I was kinda pissed after I spent all the time doing the lift and saw the camber / \ and couldn't drive my truck!!

patmedic

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Have you tried to contact Super lift to see what they say ? I am going to call them tomorrow and ask them what they recommend. Or do you think this is a waste of time? I will keep you informed of what I find out, it might help both of us. Thanks again

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
I have a 5.5 Superlift on my BII with a 4.0, My camber is still a little positive \ / and it's been over a year.... Maybe you got the 4 inch lift coils therefore needing to use the upper hole on the brackets making it a 4 inch lift rather than 5.5....

patmedic

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
It could be I ordered 1 thing and got something else. It does look cool sitting that high I hope it works out. I contacted Super lift with a question I had about my super runner kit when I installed it. They came back with a quick answer. I hope they are the same way with this problem. Thanks for your suggestions

patmedic

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Well, I called Super lift and Marty there said to move my TTB to the upper holes in the lift brackets. He stated these hole are just for alignment purposes. He also stated another way to fix this is to put spacers under the springs. He stated it should not be necessary to do both. Super lift was helpful but unsure of the specific corrections needed. Have not had time to complete this, but should have this done this weekend.

jglimpse

Reaction score
On my truck I had to do both. But I am running some softer springs

patmedic

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Fixed ,works great did not have to move to the upper bolts. Aligned just great. Do have a little driveshaft vibtation. A question for another forum . Thanks again

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals