• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

I think my Paxton needs a rebuild

Fusion

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
I finally got a chance to put the belt on the SN92 after work yesterday. It whines pretty loud at an idle. I'll be taking the belt back off this eve. Not sure if i will keep it or sell it. From what I've seen so far rebuild kits are 450.

http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm238/EdisonStarfire/

Some updated pics of the 92 taken yesterday. I don't own the red 03' Ranger anymore.

TireIron

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
the 92 looks great man, but I hate to tell you, that whine is probably normal. The paxton has a gear drive in it and they tend to whine pretty loud. What does the truck have for fuel and engine management to handle the boost?

bluovaldude

Reaction score
Yeah dude the truck looks awsome. And mmm supercharger whine... Got to love it.

I would say if it a loud high pitched whine then yes rebuild, If it is a mellow whine thats just the gears turning in the case.

Fusion

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
Hey, thanks for the replies fellows. Much appreciated. I just bought the truck about 3 weeks ago and honestly don't know much about it. I'm learning though which is a good experience in its own. There's a round disc shaped unit on the fenderwell thats labeled "Paxton Fuel Management Unit" if i recall correctly. There's a line from it to the outlet on the SC. I drove it this evening screaming through town over to the 4 lane which has a good uphill slope from the onramp. The truck didn't run any better than without so right now it's a guess as to why. The SC doesn't sound all that bad except at idle and it's pretty loud. Sounds similar to a giant power steering pump with air in the lines. 3x louder than the usual pump would so it's pretty evil sounding. I'm looking for a factory intake duct at the moment and putting the SC on hold until i get a few other things on the truck ironed out.

Thanks for the compliment on the truck. A fellow by the name of Chris Davis built it and deserves all the credit there. He passed away last year and I bought the truck from his wife.

Fusion

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
That's a nice looking tough 2 wheeler there TireIron !

red85

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
306 ci
Transmission
Automatic
Hats off to Chris Davis for building it, a tip of the hat to you too for ``adopting`` his old truck. Gotta love forced induction!

bottledgt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
uhh dude, you do know blowers whine alot more at idle right?.the FMU is what youre talking about, its not the best way to do the fuel system but it will work

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals