• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

easiest and cheapest

drakezilla

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
whats the easiest and cheapest way to balance out my truck? easiest i mean me and a bud doing it in a few hours...lowering the back or lifting the front?

ILLEGALCONCEPTS

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Modified
Transmission
Manual
Decide what you want.

The front lift: Get coil spacers, remove coild spring, install spacer and sprind DONE

The Rear drop: Flip the hangers. It"ll only cost you for the bolts and your time.

I would go lower but mine is dropped 5/6 so................If you go higher you can step up to larger/taller tires. Better handling would come by way of lowering it a few inches.

James

bluovaldude

Reaction score
Decide what you want.

The front lift: Get coil spacers, remove coild spring, install spacer and sprind DONE

The Rear drop: Flip the hangers. It"ll only cost you for the bolts and your time.

I would go lower but mine is dropped 5/6 so................If you go higher you can step up to larger/taller tires. Better handling would come by way of lowering it a few inches.

James
Yeah what he said. Personally I would lower the rear.

Ussually a good rule to follow is : if the truck is 2wd drop it, and if you have 4wd lift it.

ILLEGALCONCEPTS

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Modified
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, but the prerunner style trucks get me going to. Lift the front a few inches higher than the rear, some big meats and the wide fenders...............

James

bluovaldude

Reaction score
Yeah, but the prerunner style trucks get me going to. Lift the front a few inches higher than the rear, some big meats and the wide fenders...............

James
Yes pre-runner = nice and fun, but to go back to the main post he asked for cheapest... And last I checked fiber glass fenders about 425 and then prep and paint... But then agian white fender are alwyas cool :icon_thumby:

drakezilla

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
pre-runner would be so friggin cool...i also saw online the drift truck aero-kits to buy online and i had to wipe the drool off my keyboard...too bad i dont have a couple grand to blow on it...lol...thanks for all the info...i still have no idea on what i wanna do lol

ILLEGALCONCEPTS

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Modified
Transmission
Manual
i also saw online the drift truck aero-kits to buy online

Link it up there buddy? I gots to see some pics.

Cheapest, yeah, drop the back by flipping the hangers. But once you start down either path, you WILL want to go higher/lower. It always happens.

James

drakezilla

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
i just wish my stimulus check wasnt already spent lol

ILLEGALCONCEPTS

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Modified
Transmission
Manual
Ok, I know which kit you are talking about now. I don't like that front bumper, the one they did for the Explorer looks much better IMO. I would scrape the snot out of that one, my 4x4 valence gets painted every other year because of the roads. If you think/plan that you might go lower, you may not want that kit.

James

drakezilla

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
i would raise the front for sure with that one...the roads around here suck and it would probably rip the bottom off

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals