• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

08 B4k body lift

CunningStunts

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
I have an 08 b4k...the most recent body lift i can find is a "3 rocky mountain body lift for a 2005 B4k...as far as i know the only thing thats changed from 05-08 is aesthetics and trim level?

can anyone confirm whether this lift should work ?

Bob

maskeet

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
As far as i know it should work. The company site should tell you if it does.

CunningStunts

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
i called performance accessories and they said they simply dont carry anything for 08...however they probably dont realize the truck has stayed the same now for so many years

maskeet

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Yea thats true. Check google, i think you will be fine with it.

CunningStunts

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
does anyone know for sure?

99MazdaB4000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
It will work, the trucks are practically identical to the previous years. There may be some simple differences in hose extensions, radiator support extensions, and similar stuff like that, but nothing major. My kit was a summit racing kit and was only 125 bucks...if it says on summit that it will fit an 07' then I guarantee it will fit your 08'.

CunningStunts

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
It will work, the trucks are practically identical to the previous years. There may be some simple differences in hose extensions, radiator support extensions, and similar stuff like that, but nothing major. My kit was a summit racing kit and was only 125 bucks...if it says on summit that it will fit an 07' then I guarantee it will fit your 08'.

do you have a link to the 07? the newest lift i could find for a b4k was a 97

99MazdaB4000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=PRA-PA-70033&view=32&N=700+4294918515+4294908331+4294907827+4294846476 that is the closest thing that I have been able to find. My belief is that the body bolts and nylon bushings (lift blocks) will all fit perfectly fine as that would require a drastic change to alter those bolt positions, but my feeling is that the adapters are going to be slightly different. If you are not afraid of doing some modifications to the adapters and/or your truck, I am sure you can put a body lift safely on your truck. For example the pieces that I actually needed to modify because of the lift were the radiator mount, bumper mounts (that I didnt use because I dont have stock bumpers), steering shaft extension, and then some minor modifications to the ground straps, shift cable, and a few vacuum line repositioning. The kit included everything I needed, plus I ended up not needing the fuel tank neck extension. If you can change your brakes, then you would have no problem doing a body lift even if it not for your exact year.

99MazdaB4000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
Oh, I would actually call Superlift and see what they say about the body lifts for the newest Rangers. If they say that the older body lifts work for the newer Rangers, then get a summit racing or performance accessories kit as they are cheaper and it will work.

CunningStunts

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
I spoke to Dale @ Performance Accessories and he said as long as the rad, steering shaft and bumpers havent changed from 06 to 08 than I'll be fine.

I called up Mazda and they said nothings changed since 06. I'm going to call a few dealers tomorrow and try to get ahold of ford.

I think im gonna go with the 06 performance accessories "3 body lift...I do however wish they made a 4-5 inch body lift!

99MazdaB4000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
yeah but body lifts arent really a good way to lift vehicles, my 3" body lift on my truck was really the only modification that changed my handling way more so than getting rid of the front and rear sway bars.

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
If you want a bigger body lift make it your self, add a little something extra on top of your body lift to make it bigger

CunningStunts

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
I'm not nearly mechanically inclined enough to pull something like that off.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals