• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Will this make a difference?

Speedwagon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
On my '92 3.0, I have a Flowmaster 50 series with stock piping. Except, when I ordered the muffler a long time ago, I measured wrong, and the muffler inlet/outlet is 1/4" larger than the truck's piping. Recently I've developed a hole in the exhaust, upstream of the muffler. So I'm looking to get the system redone.

I can go to Midas and get it done for about $120. Or I can go to a custom shop, and spend upwards of $280-500 to replace the whole system. So, would I notice any difference in a custom shop job vs Midas? This is really the only mod this truck has, so I'm thinking Midas will be sufficient, especially since I can upsize the pipe by 1/4" to match the muffler now, and even with crush bends, I should be slightly larger than stock all through the system.

Thoughts?

michowski

Reaction score
No there wont be any difference. Its hard to get a good noticable difference with a 3.0. Id just have midas repair the problem and be done with it, unless you think its bad enough to replace everything.

Speedwagon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Well the biggest reason I wanted to redo the whole thing, is because the position of the muffler. Currently, it has to be in a position that let's it bang on the heat shield. If they redo it, it will be better positioned and eliminate this. Plus, the front piping is original I think, and the hole is getting decent sized from rust.

michowski

Reaction score
I would just choose midas. They do carry a warrenty in redoing the muffler they should be able to mount it correctly as well.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals