• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bumber problems?!

SCRanger

Reaction score
98 ranger XLT 4.0

Thank you guys who helped me out with the chime. so glad to have that off... another issue i have is the front bumber somone backed into it in a parking lot.. so on the sides of the bumper theres a huge gap between then top of the bumber and the fender..?. i have been looking at it and i cant quite figure out how to get the bumper back up... i have been told that i need a new bumper but im sure there is a way to make it work.. any surgestions?

dangeranger01

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Loosen the mounting bolts and have somebody help you put it were you want it then tighten them back down. Its kinda a pain to do by yourself but can be done. They have 4 bolts, 2 on the inside of each frame rail that hold it in place.

FastJake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
The easiest way I can think of is to raise the bumper up with a floor jack. Pile some wood on the jack so it reaches the bumper (duh), and then lift it up until it bends enough so there is no more gap. You might have to let it sit for a couple days so it bends back all the way. Then just do the same for the other side. Unless you have two floor jacks meaning you could do both sides at the same time.

TRUNK_MONKEY

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
jeep
Transmission
Automatic
The easiest way I can think of is to raise the bumper up with a floor jack. Pile some wood on the jack so it reaches the bumper (duh), and then lift it up until it bends enough so there is no more gap. You might have to let it sit for a couple days so it bends back all the way. Then just do the same for the other side. Unless you have two floor jacks meaning you could do both sides at the same time.
i am a bodyman--that is how we tweak bumpers to level them.bend and check--repeat as needed.you will have to bend it further beyond what you need for it to stay.you can also get the up tension and at the corner wail on a block of wood (to protect the bumper)with a bfh.

jmkjr72

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
explorer
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
look at your bumper mounts i would be wiiling to bet they are bent

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals