• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

help with radio wiring

madcat mk 2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
HI when i bought my 87 ranger the radio had been cut out. i was in the junkyard the other day and pulled one out of a wrecked 87 ranger so i go to hook it up and the only wire color that matchs is the yellow with black stripe
i got the wiring diagrams off the tech library which tells me what the truck wires are but not the radio could any one tell me what wires go were
the radio is a ford model pu-9137a the wire colors are /green/ puprle/ yellow/ red/ white/ blue/ pink/brown/black/blue with red stripe/
red with white stripe/ yellow with blackstripe/

any help would greatly welcomed
thanks

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
is the colors for your old one, or the new one? sounds like the same as aftermarket. i would go buy one of those after market radio install harnesses, they are all labeled, use it as a guide, then return it when your done! if you use a test light to find constant power, power when in "on" position, it makes it a lot easier! the rest are usually speaker wires.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals