• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Is it possible for....

motorida26

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 - w/ 74k M
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
me to place a subwoofer in my truck, without having to remove the back jumpseats?

I believe it could be done....

can anyone give me any insight?

flyingbrick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Umm no offence Danger06Ranger but shallow mount or ''truck subs'' sound like ass and can't handle any kind of power, I'd sooner get a sub that only needs about 1CF of space and mount it in a triangular box in the middle of the rear seats, or build a regular square box and run a quick disconnect on the lines (which is what i am going to be doing when i have the cash for a half sheet of MDF).

ASMODEAN

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 litres of ticking fury
Transmission
Manual
Kicker Solobaric L7's are your best bet!
I know they arent exact;ly on the cheap side but for the application you are looking for it will work well and sound great.

motorida26

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 - w/ 74k M
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the replies guys.

How are you running the quick disconnect? That seems like it'd work. In that case I'd probably just get or make a box for a 10.

Im going to go out into my truck and take some measurements, and when im in Drafting tomorrow ill mess around on AutoCAD and create some designs xD for my box.

Are the Shallow subs really that bad? Im not going to be doing competitions or anything. I just want to have some bass in my truck.

Pistons23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
the only shallow subs ive heard were the kicker and the elemental designs sq10. they were powered by a 200 watt amp. thats enough to get the bass your looking for since its inside the truck cab.

thats a regular 8" sub in a .35cf box. its only getting 150w and it provides noticeable bass. you shouldnt get much different results in your extended cab vs my regular cab.

flyingbrick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the replies guys.

How are you running the quick disconnect? That seems like it'd work. In that case I'd probably just get or make a box for a 10.

Im going to go out into my truck and take some measurements, and when im in Drafting tomorrow ill mess around on AutoCAD and create some designs xD for my box.

Are the Shallow subs really that bad? Im not going to be doing competitions or anything. I just want to have some bass in my truck.
Most audio shops should be able to get a quick disconnect for you or if your cheep you can use extension cord ends,
As for ''truck subs'', i asked my brother he says he has only sold one or two and there not mounted on the ''wall'' cause, they can not move as much air as a regular sub, but they need a box just as big, my Kicker S8/L5 right now is in a sealed box less then 1CF and sounds great. And if you want to do sealed try and look for a product called Stuff (looks like riped up jeans) lets you build the box 20% smaller.
if you need help designing a box check out http://www.bcae1.com/spboxnew2.htm

motorida26

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 - w/ 74k M
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_...roducts_id=106

that one can be used in a sealed box as small as .3cf. you could build a nice downfiring setup. that way you could still use the jumper seats and not worry about someone kicking the sub.
Thanks Piston. Im not sure how much room I have under the seat, but ill definitely look into that. I'd really like to be able to have both jumpseats and still be able to have bass. Im going to look into some more options as well.

If anyone reading this has pictures of options while keeping the jumpseats please post them.

Thanks

Danger06Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986/2001
Make / Model
Ford/Mercury
Engine Size
4.0L/351M/2.5L
Transmission
Automatic
Umm no offence Danger06Ranger but shallow mount or ''truck subs'' sound like ass and can't handle any kind of power, I'd sooner get a sub that only needs about 1CF of space and mount it in a triangular box in the middle of the rear seats, or build a regular square box and run a quick disconnect on the lines (which is what i am going to be doing when i have the cash for a half sheet of MDF).
no offense taken. to be honest, I just removed the drivers side jumpseat and built a dual 10" box, installed a set of Pioneers and still have room for a normal person. sounds more crisp than my friends 12s.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals