PDA

View Full Version : idea for a project

PaleBlue90
03-30-2008, 04:03 PM
if i got a 90 ranger 4cyl, 5speed reg cab with the 2.3, i would have a fresh rebuild done,intake(if i can find one) heads ported and polished, throttle body,headers,cat back,cam (if i can find one), and if i can find a good turbo id like to run a turbo, i would also bore it out a bit and stroke it if i can. am i missing anything? any other ideas on how to make power out of this little 2.3? i just want something i can have some fun with:icon_twisted:

Maverick
03-30-2008, 04:31 PM
The most effective way to get power out of a fuel injected 2.3 is to put a turbo on it. All that other stuff you mention will give you little gain with a rather big expense. If you end up keeping it N/A the best thing you could do is throw a 2.5 kit in it, a header with a free flowing exhaust and intake. Anything other than that is really a waste of time and money. Where a ported head, throttlebody and cam would make the most difference would be with a turbo. You could build the 2.5 now and later on down the road throw a turbo on it with all the goodies and have a real animal. If you do have intentions of building a turbo motor though the best thing you could do is find a turbo block (more webbing, stronger) to start your build with.

mhughes165
03-30-2008, 06:01 PM
turbo motors stock with very few mods can make decent power, a stock one in a ranger will make for a mean truck just in its self. but if your going to build one dont keep a small budget, spare no expense, cause cheaping out on turbo motors will REALLY make u pay the first time under boost

PaleBlue90
03-30-2008, 10:05 PM
hmmm, well i was thinkin about it and i just wanted some imput, we will see one day thanks guys.