• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Passenger seat slides forward during sudden braking?

Natedog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
My 87 Ranger SuperCab with 60/40 cloth bench seats....the passenger seat slides forward during sudden braking?!?! All the way forward and slams at the end of the track travel....wtf? How do I fix this?

Roadkill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
7.3l turbo
Transmission
Automatic
Take the seat out, flip it over and check the tracks. Chances are the spring that holds the catch taught to lock the seat in place is off/broken/missing. If it's just off put it back on, broken or missing, see if you can get a new one from a wrecker or dealer.

If I were you I wouldn't carry any passengers until it's fixed as it could be potentially deadly.

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
either that or the wire that connects the two sides is bent or caught on something

Natedog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
That's kinda what I was thinkin....thanks for the replies, I didn't feel like pullin it out late at night...been doing engine/computer wiring all evening.

Natedog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Forgot to update....took the seat out and turned it upside down on an old blanket and inspected it and how the track system works. Turns out that the little teeth on the track where the adjuster and release engage had gotten worn so that they were kinda rounded off and so I used a small grinder and some hand files to re-shape these teeth and it works great now! Thanks to all who helped!!! :)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals