• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

need help tire size

MUDDING B-3000

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 , 1992
Make / Model
Ford , Ford
Engine Size
7.3L , 4L
Transmission
Manual
some guy will sell me 285/70/r17 brand new for 550 cdn they are BF Goodrich T/A and i want to kno if they are anygood for DD and mild offroading also will they fit on my 94 b3000 4x4 with a 3" lift with no trimming or rubbing?

what size back spacing should i have for these to?

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
from what ive herd on here they are an excellent tire, the guys say the do alright offroad, and excellent onroad, and i think they should fit dont take my word for it but they should, as long as u got a 17 inch rim

Roadkill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
7.3l turbo
Transmission
Automatic
What tires do you have right now? Do they rub at all? What gears do you have?

The tire you are looking at is approx. a 33" tire. From the stock 29" your speedometer will be around 15% slow as well you will drop gearing a fair bit. For example if you have 3.73 gears with the tire change you'll drop to about a 3.30 ratio. The larger the tires, the less seat of the pants get up and go you'll have. As well, larger tires put more stress on bearings and steering/driveline components.

The 140HP of the 3.0 is going to seem like 90 or so when it comes to getting moving. Not a problem if you drive it right but, inexperience will toast a clutch, or snap u-joints and such.

MUDDING B-3000

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 , 1992
Make / Model
Ford , Ford
Engine Size
7.3L , 4L
Transmission
Manual
ok thanks for the help but ya right now i have 31" on my truck now i just seen these tires for cheep and wasnt sure if they would fit or not cuz i need some new summer tires ya my 31" dont rub at all right now and as far as i kno i have stock gears in it but roadkill do u mean im goin to have no get up an go? if i use these tires?

like as long as i have like power ill be happy cuz 4x4 trucks arnt suppost to be raced but ya so im guessin that 275/70/17 or about 32" tires? cuz i was lookin at some of those to

Roadkill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
7.3l turbo
Transmission
Automatic
Pretty much for every 1" larger tire over stock you will drop .10 in gearing. That directly affects your acceleration and ability to off road effectively.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals