• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1987 full size bronco! help!

linuxman2003

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Allright guys - my buddy has a 1987 bronco, 302,aod, and an electric shift T-cast. (1356? i have no idea) Anyway - The transfercase wont shift into 4x4 for anything, I pulled the switch out of the dash, and the only voltage going to it is the +12 for the dash lights on the light blue wire, and there is +5~6 volts on a white wire with a blue stripe. I took the switch apart and its in perfect shape, so I'm guessing it might be a relay problem? But... the only thing is, there isnt a single relay under the hood that I can find! There I'snt even a fusebox under the hood! I checked all the fuses under the dash and they all checked out fine, so.... help?

mudnsnow

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L EFI
Transmission
Automatic
You have a module to control this. The switch is connected directly to this module. Find this module and look if you have power and ground at your module. Find the wiring diagrams would be great help too.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals