• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

I lift my Ranger now the front end makes a clunk noise!!! WTF!!!

King Crush

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
So I just got done with the lift on my ranger. Put a 6'' SJ class II. We aligned it half ass and the allignment place will do it more. Well when I have it in 4 wheel and I hit the gas I clunk noise comes from the front end. I looked under there everything is got clearence and nothing is hitting. Tommorow I'll check all bolts and nuts under there to see if there all tight, I'm pretty sure they are. Also when I was puttin' in the lift I roasted the clutch line in the inside frame rail taking off the rivets on the cross member. Opps! Got that fixed by a mechanic I know for $150. This clunking noise was not here before I put the lift in. I got a bunch of pics to show you all, but I got to get the USB cable for my camera to put 'em up.

Monty35

Reaction score
u-joints maybe... I'd check there first as I've heard it recommended before. Can you feel it at all or is it just a sound?

King Crush

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
u-joints maybe... I'd check there first as I've heard it recommended before. Can you feel it at all or is it just a sound?
I can feel it too. I'm thinkin' it might be the radius arm bracket lose, but idk, it does it in reverse too. IDK how anything could be lose I put an impact on it.

4x4RangerGuy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Subaru
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'm not very familiar with pre-98 Ranger 4x4s, but is your front driveshaft long enough to accomodate the increased operating angle? The ujoints could be maxed out if so...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals