• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Aftermarket temp gauge

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Hey folks I just recently rebuilt my 84 ranger's 2.8L with an offy intake. On this intake and using the matching upper water neck pretty much the only way to use the stock temp sensor was by switching down to a 1/4" npt sensor and mounting it in the little hole in the intake. I'm not sure that this sensor or the location of it is allowing the gauge to register right as it is a little shielded in the location. I picked up an after market electric gauge to install and since I don't want to disable the stock gauge (and putting it in the same location would kinda defeat the purpose I need to find a place for a second 1/4" npt sensor. I was thinking about making an adapter to install it inline in the upper radiator hose, but being away from the motor I don't know that it would work adaquately. Just looking for ideas on other places to put the sensor. FWIW this 2.8 has the lower rad hose t-stat position.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Somebody has to have an idea here.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals