• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Halleluiah - They finally found someone to dump Jaguar and Land Rover on.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

red85

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
306 ci
Transmission
Automatic
WooHoo! Too bad Tata will destroy both of those brands. Any company whose claim to fame is basically disposable cars really has no business producing brands like Jaguar and Land Rover. It's a good move for Ford though. I guess it's just another one of Ford's "bold moves". Maybe they can find a way to save the Ranger through all this...

86isuzu

TRS Member Since 2003
Supporting Member
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
i always liked those 2 marques. sucks that they redesigned the freelander and now have to give it up. on the news coverage they showed a range rover wheelin :) i sooo want one.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
WooHoo! Too bad Tata will destroy both of those brands.
That is too bad, but Ford really had no business buying them in the first place, I don't think they ever made a dime off of either brand.

red85

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
306 ci
Transmission
Automatic
I don't think they ever made a dime off of either brand.
So true. It's gotten to be so typical of the upper crust British brands that no matter who owns them, they make almost no money. I have to wonder how BMW is doing with the Mini brand (Winston Churchill must be spinning in his grave!). Probably better than Ford ever did with Jag and LR <that's me just thinking out loud.

kaskirov

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
well if you ask me Land Rover was doomed when they decided to become a status symbol. I know there are die hard Land Rover fans who still think they are the ultimate off road machine, but is it worth the price? Take an FJ, Jeep, or even a compact pickup, lift it, tires, locking diffs, etc etc and you will have something more capable than a LR and probably be at half the price. They still make the defender in some places don't they? its like the last true landrover. Ok, maybe the discovery was decent too. Regardless, with tata behind these 2 brands, its going to be hard to sell them.

s40 driver

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L Duratec
Transmission
Manual
First Post!

Well, sort of... I was a member 4 or 5 years ago but dont remember my registration e-mail... anyhow...

So in the 4-5 years since i was a member I've been all over the middle east with the Navy. The Range rover is quite popular over here. Also popular is Tata, not so much for their cars but for their light trucks, vans, and buses. But every arab and their brother in Dubai owns a newer rover. I think its a perfect fit for the brand to be moved closer to the region. Ford dumps the brand, and India makes a little more money. Seems like a good deal for everyone involved. I guess it doesnt do much for Land Rover in America but I see [easily] 4-5x the Land Rovers than I ever saw at home in one day.

As far as Jaguar... I can't provide much input on that. You see Jags here, but not in the numbers that you see the rovers.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals