• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2006 Ford Ranger Sport Radio wiring diagram

BlurRanger06

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
I am adding a new amp to my stock cd mp3 player and like to know if this have a remote amp wire I can use for the new amp. If not, what other options do I have here. Also, does this ranger have a seperate stock amp? A wiring diagram would be great, thanks!

-dan

p.s. why doesnt this site have a SEARCH link for this forum????

flyingbrick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Why would you wast time running an amp off the OE deck, spend the 60-80 bux and buy a cheep Pioneer deck, it'll sound MUCH better even with stock speakers and you get all kind of other goodies with it like preouts for amps, amp remote wires...

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
That's totally not true. The main reason why stock decks don't sound very good is because of the crappy internal amplifiers. But he's adding external amplifiers so it'll sound 1000x better. The best upgrade to improve sound quality is new speakers. Next is amplifiers, then head units.

flyingbrick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That's totally not true. The main reason why stock decks don't sound very good is because of the crappy internal amplifiers. But he's adding external amplifiers so it'll sound 1000x better. The best upgrade to improve sound quality is new speakers. Next is amplifiers, then head units.
I was saying there are no pre-outs on an OE deck, so why wast your time?

Ranger SVO

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
That's totally not true. The main reason why stock decks don't sound very good is because of the crappy internal amplifiers. But he's adding external amplifiers so it'll sound 1000x better.
Wrong. Bad sound in, bad sound out. Only now its amplified.

But that is not answering his question. There is no remote line that you can use and you have no Low Level (RCA) output.

Now I'm gonna assume you wanna keep your factory radio, here is what I would do. Buy a device called Trunk Loc, its by PAC-Audio. It will provide the low level signal you need. It will also provide you with the remote line that you want. Your add on amp will go on and off with your radio.

Check out the directions
http://www.pac-audio.com/instructions/TRUNK-LOC.pdf

Hope this helps

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals