• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

suspension

99prerunnerguy702

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
v6 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
i have a 99 ranger 2wd i have 31' bfg at s on it i am lookking at the camburg 5.5 lift with spindals and coils for the front and 2.5 deaver leaf springs in the rear . i need suggestions on what to get i need new coils and leaf springs ..
i want it to mob threw the dezert no problem and pay under $4000 to do it ...

bluovaldude

Reaction score
Well I have yet to build a suspension for off road yet, but I have heard nothing but good about camburg.

As for any type of suspension, you do pay for what you get, if you buy the cheapest kit you are going to end up with the leeast amount of performance.

I would say spend at least the 1500 on the front suspension, and get it to perform the way you want, And definately get lifted leafs for the rear, with a good set of shackles.

And a good set of shocks and tires should do the trick. Good luck and oh yeah one more thing :worthless:

rngrdngr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
don't blow your money on a camburg lift kit.trust me those fuckers give it way to much coil rate and it is still to easy to bottom them out. wait the extra time to get $3600 for the front and get a blitzkrieg suspension kit.my best friend has one for his 2000 and it is extremely nice and well worth the money spent. as for the rear your better off using a 4 link like i have with coil overs.if u do decide to use camburg idea go with a company called doetch enterprise,it costs 1070.00 and is identical to camburg,but get limiting straps before you off road....3 jumps and ur guna blow a shock or pull the nut through the washer on the top of the shock. if your going to run 33s use a 513 gear ratio.also i really suggest u get ssbc upgraded front brakes,i believe they are 14in so u would need a minimum of a 16inch rim.even if its just for mild off road where ur gunu take it slower, be smart and get the 16in rims,cause if u decide in the future to get the brake upgrade u wont have to buy all new rims and tires. if u have any questions put your email in my pm box so i can sent u picks my truck is the same as yours will be. best of luck:icon_cheers:

Last edited:

canyoncritter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Willys,Ford,Jee
Transmission
Manual
under 4g's your not going to "mob" threw the desert. you might get away with strolling the desert for under 4 grand and have you and your truck live.

untill you get in to the big dollar kits(4-5 grand) you pretty limited on front shock in the front.And that going to be you biggest hurdle to get past a bilstien 5100 or fox challenger's(8.5 pin mount).and let face it those shocks are not up to "mobbing" the desert

yes a good 4 or 3 link set up will work better than leafs,but the price of a 4 or 3 link by the time your done will run 4 grand if not more.

ethier the H&M or burg entry kit look and see if the fox 8.5 pin top will work,atleast you can rebuild and vavle them, deavers in the rear, 2.5 FOA shocks bed cage/shock hoop,regear if you got the money left over and look for some used 32's/33's

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals