• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Custom Dashes

kozak

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 351M, 302
Transmission
Automatic
I am wanting to make my own custom dash. I have never taken a dash completely off, so I was wondering what is left behind the dash. Is there brackets that I can mount a custom dash too ? Or is there a frame for the existing dash I would have to cut out ? Pictures would be great. Thanks for any help.

Harris

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/jj33/harris3810/?action=view&current=dash-out.jpg

I got this photo from an article called "The Ranger Resurrection," but I can't remember where I got it from. I'll post the author's name when I find it. I think this is what you are looking for, even though it is on a newer model.

Harris

*I sent an e-mail to the address connected to the original article asking for the author's name but he has not responded as of 2:55PM Eastern time.

Last edited:

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Id say just take it off and find out. It would be like Christmas.. unwrapping something not knowing whats under the covering.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Yeah, nothing like going in to find out what's there...but I would suggest do it at a wrecking yard and you can make mistakes without screwing up your own truck...take picks while you're there and you will have something to think about...

The 86 Rangers are a bit different from the later generations but I've seen some pics from guys that swapped in later models...not sure how they did it or if they have the same brackets and support structure but if you go to a yard you can pretty much mix and match till the gates close...just make sure they know you're out there tinkering or you may need to pack an overnight bag...

COPPERHEAD85

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
its really not that bad to do...takes time.had mine stripped down to the metel.
stock up on band-aids.....corners of the metel part of the dash are sharp as hell!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals