• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My 1998 2wd xlt

Zipity

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
This is my 1997 Ford Ranger Xlt I have a lot to do. I kinda got screwed and did not pay much attention to the front end even after my wife showed me the damage before I bought it. it has 205k miles but the engine and transmission are solid. The only thing with the engine is that the driver side value cover needs the seal replaced. And now the worst. It appears that it had a front end damage and the radiator support needs to be replaced. The headlight mounts, front bumper with valiance needs replacing. The vehicle needs new tires and rims because the rims on the vehicle are not the right size and the wheels rub when I turn and now here are some pictures. I have to change the shifter handle and the fix the drivers side door handle.

This is the front end where you can see the hood isn't alligned and the headlight mounts and the radiator support is bent.

Side view. where the fenders are bowed alittle from the front end problems.

So the good is that I got most of the front end pieces for free and now I have to find someone to weld the radiator support for me. Still looking for a good bumper and vailiance. It seems like there is a lot to do but the truck runs. So just little thingsto fix. once I get the front end fixed I will feel a lot better about spending this amount of money of this truck.

I am thinking of painting the truck black with the top being burnt orange but that is way down the road.

Looking for a good deal on rims and tires. I might have to go through tirerack.com for the rims.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals