• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Is (was) there a nice camper shell for 1st gen long bed?

Lee in Texas

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 for now
Transmission
Automatic
Nice as in quality fiberglass, not the old thin sheel aluminum or work box. IIRC, one was available from Leer, but is apparently out of production.

Thanks.

Masland

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Bump?

I'm looking for the same, having no luck. Might have to settle for a fabric one. Anyone else have any ideas?

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
Stockland used to make a pretty nice fiberglass shell. Had one on my 84 Ford Ranger, best shell I've ever seen, it actually had some sort of rubberized weather stripping around the base of the camper shell that sealed completely around the truck bed, then it had a rubberized boot between the cab and the shell. That shell was installed the day after the truck was bought new by my grandfather, and never taken off until the truck had been sold in 2004 and the new owner decided to remove the shell and apparently the shell had grown to the truck it actually took the paint off the bed rails when the guy removed it.

Anyhow here's the only picture I have of that shell, and I'm not even sure if that Stockland company is still around. Shell and truck was bought in California in Auburn I believe. I just wish I knew where that truck is today, I really wish I could get it back I miss it.

Last edited:

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
Should've kept it. Im keeping my ranger becauze 2007 will some day be so far outdated but I'll eventually have a classic truck lol.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
Should've kept it. Im keeping my ranger becauze 2007 will some day be so far outdated but I'll eventually have a classic truck lol.
Yep, I wish I would have kept it, but at the time I didn't know TRS existed and didn't know you could bypass the stupid computer crap on the 2.8L engines. I was having all sorts of computer and carburetor issues at the time and it was dollaring me to death on an already lacking income. That's kind of why I got my 84 B2, because I learned since the Ranger what I could have done and then found this forum so now i'm set LOL.

I doubt the newer vehicles will ever be classics as we know the history of classics. Will these newer vehicles even be around still in 20 years LOL.

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
Yep, I wish I would have kept it, but at the time I didn't know TRS existed and didn't know you could bypass the stupid computer crap on the 2.8L engines. I was having all sorts of computer and carburetor issues at the time and it was dollaring me to death on an already lacking income. That's kind of why I got my 84 B2, because I learned since the Ranger what I could have done and then found this forum so now i'm set LOL.

I doubt the newer vehicles will ever be classics as we know the history of classics. Will these newer vehicles even be around still in 20 years LOL.
Well I hope mine will at least, I plan on keeping my truck, and someday turn it into a race truck, yeah it probably never will be a classic, it will just be old.

Lee in Texas

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 for now
Transmission
Automatic
They are out there. I've found a couple. A huge help is the Smartphone app Craigslist Pro. It lets you search 11 cities. I'll be picking up a camper shell about 3 hours away, hopefully next weekend.

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I think the old tin one on mine came off a Ford Courier but its solid, dont leak and it dont care about trail rash.

RangerDange

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have one on my 86 that's fiberglass but it came with the truck. Ill look later tonight for a part number.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals