• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

my 01 ranger rebuild

skywriter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I am a new member from delaware. I wanted to put my 01 ranger in here that I am rebuilding. I basically need a weekend truck. I bought a 01 ranger for $500 that has been wrecked by the PO's grandson. the front sheetmetal was trashed as was the bed. He put it in his garage, and removed the bed and sheetmetal, drilled the spotwelds and pulled the front core support. Then he decided not to finish it. It has 67,000 miles on it no frame damage. he sold wheels , and seat before i grabbed it. I have bought a seat and all the sheetmetal but a RF fender. I still need a bumper . I am deciding on a bed now. I have a mini reading utility body mounted on a trailer frame I may use , or I may use my 93 bed, but I am leaning toward the utility body. it will all get resprayed white, and I am using my aluminum explorer rims on it. the exhaust was sold from cat back, so I will probably use a magnaflow muffler for a little rumble. . anyway, heres my truck as it sits today.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Thed

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD

skywriter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I thought about that, but the reading body is the perfect width and length, came off a toyota truck,is a low profile one and would look slick as s##t . and its got a steel diamond plate floor, wont get all beat up no matter what I haul. also since its a regular cab it will be nice having lots of lockable storage.. Ill get a pic of it when it stops pouring.

jhammel85

Welcome to the boards. I'm right over the bridge in NJ. Is this a 4x4?

skywriter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I WISH. no its a plain jane standard cab 2wd. It has a 3.0 automatic, and thats all....It does have ac though. I really wish it had cruise though. the last several vehicles i have owned, ac and cruise are really all on my wish list. I havent decided what I am going to do with the 93 ext cab if nobody buys it. I picked up a set of steel wheels and center caps for it today. I hate to part it. It may end up a bracket racing truck at some point.

skywriter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
we also have a 84 standard cab , that was my dads truck till he passed away last January. My mother keeps it tagged for a winter vehicle. It has like 33,000 original miles last time I looked.red on red , in really really great shape. 2.3 auto with no AC. they are the second owners. It has a dealer sprayed in gray fiberglass bed liner that the first owner had put in when he bought it from Preston ford in Maryland. First time I have ever seen a gray sprayed liner. Looks like boat gelcoat.

skywriter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
got my bed home for the 01

well I dragged the bed home from my parents today. one wheel was locked up solid, glad it was only 3 miles
[/IMG] shes going to need a good pressure washing, and some repairs, but its in good shape overall.
[/IMG]

skywriter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
after 2 hrs of scrubbing and pressure washing

after 2 hrs ofscrubbin and pressure washing, I got all the rotten leaf mulch out......floor is super rusty. outside looks good and tops are rough. Think I am going to compound and wax the sides and front. and cover the tops of the cabs, the inside of the bed and the bumper with roll on bedliner. at some point I will fix the dent and repaint the outside, but I would rather be able to use the truck now
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG] I need to grind all the rust off, it has been sitting in the woods for about 5 years behind my parents house.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals