• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Aftermarket rims/tires fitment problems

cyberchrs4

Reaction score
I have a 1996 ranger, and i bought a set of cabo 20in. rims, but the lug holes dont line up. They are both 5 lug. I looked around online, and it seems to me that the lug pattern on my truck right now is 5x4.5. Is that the correct bolt pattern, if not what is it. Also i tried measuring the cabo lug holes, and im coming out with a 5x4.5 pattern. How is this possible that im getting the same measurements on the stock rim, and the cabo, and yet when i set it up to put it on the holes are way off? I need HELP PLEASE!

dangeranger01

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Yes your botl pattern is 5 on 4.5, the wheels you got may be for an S10, they are 5 on 4.75, they would look the same but not fit.

cyberchrs4

Reaction score
I think they are bmw rims because they have the bmw logo on the center of them. Not sure if that would make it different from say an s10 rim. If it still would be the 5 on 4.75 then im gonna have to get a rim adaptor. Also the center cap that covers the lugs has a bolt that holds it in place, and the head on it is a star with a stud in the middle. It is a very unusual head on it that way people cant steel the rims. unfortunetly when i bought the rims i didnt get the tool to unscrew it. Can you buy that tool in stores, or online, or is it something that im basicly sh@# out of luck?

dangeranger01

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
BMW wheels should be metric so not sure if they will fit or not. And the bolt your talking about is a tamper resistant torques bit. You can by the bits for them.

cyberchrs4

Reaction score
if i were to take the rim to a tire store or something like that, would they be able to tell me the exact bolt pattern? or do they not do stuff like that?

dangeranger01

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
You could probly just do a quick search on the net. That should tell you. Also i think BMW uses wheel bolts not studs so that may have somethign to do with it. Does everythign fit right except the botl holes?

cyberchrs4

Reaction score
As far as i know it all fits good except for the pattern of it. Im not 100% sure about that though, but to my knowledge it is only the pattern that isnt right

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You could probly just do a quick search on the net. That should tell you. Also i think BMW uses wheel bolts not studs so that may have somethign to do with it. Does everythign fit right except the botl holes?
It would be hard to tell, the wheel is 2-3 inches from where it is supposed to be if the studs are not right.

I never did get the wheel bolt thing, whether it is my brother's bug or my tractors rear tire full of fluid they are all a pain.

dangeranger01

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
This may sound dumb, but are the holes big enough for the studs?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals