• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

whiny ford pump getting thrown in the bush

gnardoom

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
I have a 92 ranger with a 4.0L. I need a saginaw pump with a serpentine pulley and the same fittings as my truck, I dont care if I have to notch the bracket. Which gm vehicles have pumps set up like this? I was thinking maybe an astro van

gnardoom

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
1st gen ranger?

Dave

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3L
Transmission
Automatic
Is this link supposed to go to a specific part? Or just the Parts America home page? If it's supposed to go to a specific part, the link did not work. But I would like to see the part.

Do most Ford PS pumps whine? Mine does and I hate it. My 3.0L is the quietest engine I've ever owned but the whining PS pump annoys me.

Dave

Totalled

Law Enforcement
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
8 rabid gophers
Transmission
Automatic
Is this link supposed to go to a specific part? Or just the Parts America home page? If it's supposed to go to a specific part, the link did not work. But I would like to see the part.

Do most Ford PS pumps whine? Mine does and I hate it. My 3.0L is the quietest engine I've ever owned but the whining PS pump annoys me.

Dave
Put your zip code in and it will pull up the part page. Anyway..

It's a GM Saginaw pump that's made to replace ford plastic res pumps.
It's spec't for a 1978 application, so you'll probably need a type 2 fitting pressure hose (78-89). The type 3 fitting hose (1990-up) will screw in but won't seal.

Dave

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3L
Transmission
Automatic
Very cool....I like it. I'm going to look into getting one of them. The Saginaw in my E350 is quiet. I'm guessing the pressure and flow from the Saginaw is close (enough) to the Ford pump that it will work correctly? Thanks again.

Dave

Dave

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3L
Transmission
Automatic
Totalled,

Check this out.....the picture you posted has the pump for $93.99. When I entered my zip, the pump came back as $65.48. That's weird. What's a different zipcode have to do with it?

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
does the factory serpentine pulley press onto the t-bird pump?

gnardoom

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
I want one from a wrecker, I dont know if its easier to use an econoline pump or a gm pump, I dont know which gm vehicles will have the right pulley

Dave

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3L
Transmission
Automatic
The PS pump in the picture that Totalled posted is way different than a GM Saginaw or one from an Econoline. The Saginaw in my Econoline is just like what GM used. The Saginaw in the picture is specially made to bolt to Ford PS brackets. A GM/Econoline PS pump will not be a direct bolt it. You will be way ahead of the game if you start with the Saginaw Totalled posted about.

Dave

gnardoom

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
can a parts store order one or do you have to buy it from that site

Dave

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3L
Transmission
Automatic
Get the Cardone part number and bring it to your favorite parts store....Many parts stores can cross a p/n over to their p/n.

Or....

Go to the Cardone webpage that has the PS pump, click on the link that says "See all vehicles this product fits". Pick any vehicle from the list and tell the parts guys you need a PS pump for it. He will most likely give you a Ford pump. Make sure you tell him you need the optional Saginaw pump that was used....not the more commonly used Ford pump. For example: my '78 F150 is on the list and it has a Ford pump. BUT apparently the Saginaw was optional so make sure to get the Saginaw.

Good luck.
Dave

can a parts store order one or do you have to buy it from that site

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals