• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Window Leaks

KY4X4Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Any one ever had the rear window leak on an 02ish Ranger extended cab? I just got one yesterday and noticed that the headliner is soaked on the driver's side.

ironman86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I just bought a 2000 Ranger extended cab and noticed water on the inside of the rear window. I checked out the window on the outside and it seems to be sealed well. The only place I think it could leak from would maybe be the sliding rear window. Is there a way to better secure the slidng rear window?

flyingbrick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
3rd break light is the most common just take it out lay on a thin bead of silicone and reassemble.

cNo7

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
$10 says you have a satellite antenna installed coming thru your third break light. The foam factory seal on that light will give over time due to that wire....I've tried butyl (aka dum-dum) and still no luck. I'm probably just gonna silicone that bastard into place

Jason_12_02

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Manual
My '02 leaks. I have had it checked and the seal around the top of the window on the driver side is broken. It looks great from the outside, but i had it smoke tested at the local glass shop and we found it. The fix for me is to have the window resealed. About $70 was my quote.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals