• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

87 ranger offroadin a little

jcook1994

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
was with some buddies sightin my 270 in and he said how good can you turn i was like i guess im gonna find out...took me through a few fields then turned into a really tight trail mirrors barely fit.. then went down a little then into a creek drove up the creek and up a hill... we both spun some tires but got up the hill out of the creek... then back down the gravel driveway

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

det107

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
... we both spun some tires but got up the hill out of the creek...
So you peeled out, daddy-o, and kicked up a lot of dirt ???

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
I used to run around in an 84 ford ranger 4x2, my friends used to get pissed off because I would follow them to their hunting spots. They just couldn't understand how I got there because I didn't have 4WD. I really wish we had digital cameras back then, these places we went would make people really wonder how I got there. I never really did have problems with that truck as far as getting stuck, I did get stuck once but well I wasn't stuck it was just the truck was kind of floating in a mud hole. Since I bought my first 4WD several years ago, all I've found out is I venture farther from home now LOL. Also something that I found interesting was the cost to insure my first 4WD, a 1996 jeep grand cherokee ltd was actually cheaper than my 84 ranger, the insurance company told me that was because in Idaho 4WD is considered a safety feature, I started laughing at them and asked them if they've ever seen how a lot of these idiots with 4WD drive in the winter. Even now I tend not to use 4WD hardly at all, I learned to drive with a 2WD truck, I got used to not having 4WD so the system just gets ignored most of the time, except for pulling out tree stumps and the idiot tough shed guys that got stuck in my yard after I told them not to drive out the way they were, another time I wish I had a digital camera to show my grandfather's 93 ford ranger 4x4 pulling out a ford f450 dually that had sunk in my yard about 6 inches.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals