• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

90 dash to a 88 cab swap

Roger

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Man, this has been no fun. 2 holes at the windshield sort of match, the driverside lower DOES match. But the passenger side does not, needs a bracket made (already finished...).

Spent the last few days making all manner of brackets and other ideas towards making the dash fit, but finally decided on the best course of action. I want the dash as secure as possible. So, this evening, I went to the old cab, and cut the flange at the base of the windshield off from next to the VIN plate all the way over to just past the last dash mount. Tomorrow I'll cut the rest of the 88 dash mounts out and tack in the whole of the 90 flange. Should have planned that from the beginning, but no I like to do things the hard way!:idiot:

Thought I had it made and wouldn't have to swap the HVAC stuff over, but well, had to do that too. Just glad we didn't already ditch the old cab. What a pain in the butt this has been.

So all I have left to do as far as swapping over to the older cab, is drill a hole in the floor for the electric shift harness for the Tcase. Finish mounting the dash and get the thing on the frame. Still need to do a little work on the doors, but no big deal. Some trailer disco plugs for speakers to make it easier to lift the doors off for summer trails.

Now I can start getting the frame ready for the cab...:tease:

Insanejughead

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
RBV's on Boost
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94, '86
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3T
Transmission
Manual
What year of frame you going with?

Roger

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Oh, the truck itself is a 90. The old cab was rusted through in odd spots, so I found a 88 cab which I'm altering to fit the 90 stuff into. Once the cab is back on the truck, and the motor in and running, I will address how to mount the 90 style lights. Rad supports are really quite different.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals