• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

camping and fish at Lake Gaston, VA

92 5 oh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
My buddies and I try are trying to make it bi-annual man-trip to Lake Gaston for a little fishing, camping, drinking and guy time. For those of you that may not be familiar with Gaston, it's one of the larger lakes on the east coast and is in both VA and NC. Several years ago i found a campground called Americamps that is right on the water. You can pull your boat right up on your camp site. We've been twice so far and are planning our third trip. Haven't caught too much out there so far, but that's not the whole reason we go.:beer:
It's such a blast hanging out with friends, eating like kings, drinking, sitting by a camp fire, no phone and fishing! :icon_thumby:

here's the site we got last fall

Wake up to this

the houses and scenery are beautiful out there

nathan's!

these next few are from this spring. ended up getting the same site as the fall
need something to drink for a few day

this was something i saw on the internet. they're burgers with cheddar cheese in the middle, wrapped in bacon. amazing.

deer meat wrapped in bacon. we like bacon

we got a good amount of rain when we first got there, and found some holes in the tent. so much so that there was probably about 1/2 a gallon of water in the tent, my bag of clothes got soaked, my sleeping bag was soaked and so was i. i didn't realize it that night because i was pretty drunk:icon_cheers: so we put up a tarp, which was pretty white trash but fit in well. one of the 'locals' helped us too

i'm not sure what the deal was, but this was one of the only bass we got.
:sad:

Another part of the campground has 'permanent' sites

hopefully the quality isn't too crappy, they were all taken with my iphone. hoping to get some more pictures at the end or september!
enjoy!

Last edited:

jhammel85

Dude I'm down there every year! We already went though...It's a great place. We usually stay in a house down on one of the "dead ends" over on the lacross, VA side.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals