• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The 88 ranger project!

adreher

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hey all, new ranger enthusiast here!

I'm a little hesitant to post my "project" here. I haven't posted here yet but have spent far too many hours checking all these threads out. I wish I had the skills to do these crazy down to bare bone builds, but I don't. Before I go on I just want to give props to all you guys doing these swaps and fabrication, it's amazing!

A couple months ago I purchased a 88 ranger xlt with a 5.0 / AOD swap. It is a beautiful job that the guy did. Has 8.8 rear end with posi, 2.5 exhaust with H pipe, bigger cam, and a few other little upgrades. Came with mustang bullit wheels and has been lowered a bit. The other great thing about the truck was the complete lack of rust on the body, and almost no dents, just beautiful shape.

So, although this isn't like some of the threads that starts with a beat up little truck and transforms it, I'm just starting with it at a later point. :D

I have plans to upgrade parts on the drive train, and hopefully next spring / summer I will get her painted up. All I have done up to this point is install a new steering wheel and ratchet shifter (I know, I know, nothing major).

So here is my first question for everyone. I am starting to plan my scheme for the truck. I am going to go two tone down the body line. I wanted to go with some sort of theme with some possible graphics on it and don't know which to go with. Here are some ideas of what I mean:

Ranger GT
Ranger 5.0
Ranger SVT
?
?

Along with a few pics of the truck I am going to throw in a few of my old Chevy. Me and my father finished this truck back when I was in college doing everything ourselves (motor / tranny swap, paint, etc). Back then we had an amazing shop to do all the work in. Anyways, I'm excited to have found this site and will keep this thread updated as I get some little things accomplished!

The new project!

The old project!

rangergt89

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Nice looking Ranger. & the Chevy ant too bad looking ether.

jhammel85

Both are damn nice! Your truck is very clean and it's nice to see fuel injection!

..What's up with that steering wheel? Looks very odd the way it sits.

I'd try to run that intake down so it actually picks up cold air. It's getting nothing but hot air like that.

rangerplus

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Truck looks good. I have a couple questions on stuffing those wide bullitts under it. What size are those rims/tires and how much is your truck lowered? Stock rear end?

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Truck looks great, but it does look like the steering wheel needs to be removed and rotated 180°.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals