• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

will a dana 44 bolt right up to a ranger

Big Red Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
will it do this with out cutting the axle

metalmacguyver

Yeah, I built that.
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 7.3
Transmission
Manual
No.

Its not likely that the spring perches will be the same width. What is the axle out of? Is it a front or a rear? More info needed!

LittleBigFoot

V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
79-00
Make / Model
Mostly Ford.
Engine Size
Building a 408w
Transmission
Automatic
Its not likely that the spring perches will be the same width. What is the axle out of? Is it a front or a rear? More info needed![/QUOTE said:
+1

Whats it from? What's it goin into? Front or rear? Leafs or coils or?

Branger2B

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/86
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
YES IT WILL........ Either full width of EB depending on the way it is done. I have done 4 of these swaps. if u use all the stock parts from the EB or F-150. I have easilly done this swap with NO welding. stock F-150 radius arm brackets (77.5-79 at least) bolt ot he frame. aswel as the STOCK F-150 coil buckets with 1'' spacer between the bucket and frame (if ur using a FW axle.). With Stock EB axle i used the stock explorer coil buckets as they matched the width fine. Make a plate to bolt to Frame using 3 power steering box bolts to hold in in place then after you mock up ur axle and decvide where to put the track bar. all i did was drill two 1'' holes in my 5/16'' plate and countersank the heads of the bolts into the 1'' hole and i welded them in there creating a STUD for the track bar bracket to BOLT to. and can easilly be removed by unbolting it. oh yah.. drive shaft bolts up.. (may need to be shortened but will work..) the only othe rproblem u may run into is the fack that the radius arms go right where the tranny crossmember is locketed ont he frame. oso what i have done is cut the Crossmember to fin inside the frame and clear the brackets instead of wrapping around the outside. I also made a custom trannymount/Raduis arm crossmember on one of my builds. Hope this answeres some of you questions. Cheers. Oh and heres a couple pics to get you horney about ir build.

in the picture abouve you can see the blue plate i made to mount the track bar.

the only 2 tools you need....

Last edited:

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
I have easilly done this swap with NO welding. ...

...all i did was drill two 1'' holes in my 5/16'' plate and countersank the heads of the bolts into the 1'' hole and i welded them in there creating a STUD for the track bar bracket to BOLT to.
Huh?? Which is it?

Mutant Pony

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It can be done but, A welder and Torch make things easier and stronger.

Branger2B

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/86
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
It can be done but, A welder and Torch make things easier and stronger.
How so? Accually id rather bolt than weld to my frame. unless of course i had a certified welder on hand. then maybe id put him to work. I can weld very good. but i would bolt over weld in a heartbeat. (on roll cages and exhaust.. ect.) Lift brackets.. Definaly bolt! IMO...

Huh?? Which is it?
Hah ok Junkie you got me... I welded the nuts into my peice of plate because i didnt feel like screwing around inside the frame liek my buddy did. what he did was drill a 1'' hole on the bottom of the frame just infront of the coil bucket.
then with a peice of tape over the box end of the wrench and the nut securly inside he reached the wrench up into the frame and managed to get his bolts started. It can be done with no welding I just cut a corner on that step to save myself 2 hours and alot of cursing. its hard to start threads when you cant feel or see the bolt.... Thx for bustin me :haha:

compleckz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
got any pics of what u did for the trackbar mount, Branger?

Branger2B

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/86
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
top picture. blue plate infront of coil on frame. made some studs out of 1/2'' bolts welded to the plate (can be bolted right threw) and mounted the track bar and bolted it on.. oh ha. the plate bolts to the frame using the power steering box bolts. 3 of them.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
on the t/bar i have used the fullsize bracket with a hole drilled to clear the steering gear bolt and a washer at the bottom to space it...on the earlier frames you can easily reach in and start the bolts and torque em. then run a strap made from angle to the other side from the mount where the pin bolt goes. theres a few ways to do it without welding. when possible i dont like to use any of the steering gear bolts as i seen too many of them ripped off the frame. going to an outside box makes it real easy too as you can simply use angle depending on what bar you use.

of course cutting up steering links and using tierod type ends is my favorite method...but thats all welding. using old leaf spring bushings is another fave to make mounts for engines and trannies/bumpers/winches and stuff.

essentially, it can easily be a bolt in....

or an act of congress.:woot:

....its all in what a guy wants or what one is actually capable of.

generally i do a ladder setup to do the initial setup...all it is is bolt on temp bases to get it dialed in. saves on welding shit to the frame and cutting and reworking later.

Mutant Pony

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
How so? Accually id rather bolt than weld to my frame. unless of course i had a certified welder on hand. then maybe id put him to work. I can weld very good. but i would bolt over weld in a heartbeat. (on roll cages and exhaust.. ect.) Lift brackets.. Definaly bolt! IMO...
Using a Torch in removing what you don't need/removal of seized bolts. A welder to build/modify brackets so that you can bolt it in!
You can strengthen a frame by welding it if you know what you are doing. NEVER weld a vertical line on a frame.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals