• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New to the forum , couple questions about 92 Rangers

Trailrated92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
hey all , new to the forums but have been reading as much as possible for the last week , A friend of mine just gave a '92 Ranger Ext cab with the 3.0 V-6 and I have some questions .

From what I have read so far in the Tech Section, and my own checking the interchange stuff .

I CAN use 93 or 94 Tilt column out of an Explorer or another Ranger and direct swap it into my 92 with no mods right ?

I went to my local wrecking yard today and walked around for a bit . Found a decent pair of bucket seats and an intact center console in a 94 ext cab , that should also be a direct swap right ?

What about the body parts ? Im pretty sure as long as they are equal length I can swap on a 94 or up bed , what about the doors ? It looks to me like the door opening is close , but not quite and that the door sill is wider then my 92 .

Gauge cluster is also pretty much a direct swap with an Explorer right ?

Last one , I may have to ask this one in the Interior Section instead but ............ If I cant change the entire door to a newer one , well newer model inner door panels work ? I know it seem like a dumb question if they change the dimensions of the door itself like I just said but I want to be sure before I go spending money on stuff I cant use and cant return

Thanks to any that answer , I really want to fix this thing up as my Spring /Summer Project . Promise I'll take before and during pics as I make changes .

canyoncritter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Willys,Ford,Jee
Transmission
Manual
I do not belive the 93-94 explorer gauge cluster will work. Ford made some changes in 93 to the wiring. moved some pins around in the harness. everythign may clip up but when you turn the key on and "poof"

AllanD would be the guy to know,if any one here I can think of.

same with the sterring colum

the 93 newer body style bed will "bolt" on to your truck, but the bodylines will be off.

the doors wont bolt on ,nor will the door panels

Trailrated92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Damn , I was afraid the doors themselves would be a no go but I was hoping to at least get away with newer style inner door panels , oh well guess I'll have to take mine to get redone . According to Hollanders Interchange at my local yard the column WILL direct fit . The gauge cluster also but I just noticed when I was working on mine today that my tach starts redline at 5500 rpm and the Explorer ones I saw start at 5000rpm . I had to take apart the dash today and replace bulbs , turn signal switch etc . Never could get the damn cluster all the way out , even after I dropped the column to make more room . So I just squezed my hand in behind the cluster to change the bulbs and wiped down all the interior and cluster plastic with warm water and a little soap . My cluster doesnt look "bad " I just was hoping to get some newer style gauges in there thats all .

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals