• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

87 S10 blazer Tuff Truck

Evilbronco

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
So after years of watching I finally dove into the world of tough trucks.

Heres she is day of purchase. 2.8l carbed running on 5 cylinders. Still ran great and wheeled better.

Started stripping her down and put in a roll bar.

Some good rubber right before our local fairgrounds race last August. Also got it running on all cylinders. A valve burnt up and pieces broke off. Luckily it bounced out the exhaust and didnt hurt the piston.

A few shots from the race. It was alot of fun. Blazer rides alittle rough but changes are coming.

Ill update when I get progress. I cracked my bellhousing in half on the last race in January. I have a video somewhere, pretty much nose dived off a steep jump. So out came the motor along with the torsion bar suspension and time for a soild axle.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Nice! Definitely need some video man. I love looking tuff truck videos up on YouTube.

Evilbronco

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
So updates and little progress. Truck has been sitting for about forever but
I made myself a gauge panel. Might change it completely later but I like to know whats going on with the engine. Toggle switches turn on power, fan, fuel pump and starter button on the right.

Built a front crossmember and spring hanger.

Engine bay stripped. Broken bell housing still attached.

Axle getting lined up. Just need to build the rear hangers and hoop the tranny cross member.

One of these days I will find a camaro/firebird mpfi 2.8 to drop in. Then comes a junkyard turbo. :thefinger:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals