• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

XS650 Bobber build

03Fx4MN

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
On march 23 I picked up a 1977 XS650 with 9,XXX mi This is a down and dirty catch up first post below is day one from another site and the last pics are as of today ill try and keep it going on both now. Enjoy.

I should have taken a pic before I took off the fenders and tank and such but if you know what a 77 looks like in bountiful blue thats what it looked like before and here is how it sits now. The guy said he had it running two summers ago and last summer after he charged the bat. and put the seat on he said it started smoking. Well I found a melted fuse holder but he thought there was more and he started clipping wires and trying other crap when all he had to do was replace the fuse holder but like mentioned above I really don't mind cause its gonna be chopped up.

To do list:
Tc Bros hard tail
Pamco ultimate H/O ignition system
Drag bars
Sportster style tank
solo seat
TC bros PMA kit
Bobber tail light/plate holder
4.5 headlight
pod filters or velocity stacks if I can find them
rims 16" rear and 23" front
fake oil bag for electronics
drag/ss/straight pipes

I worked in the garage putting the triple trees back on tapered neck bearings in and all greased up mocked up everything else I have laying around the garage. The tank isnt mounted yet just sitting there cant decide ether to frisco mount it or regular??

little trouble with the hard tail but Ill figure it out

points Ignition

Pulled the motor last night and today I did some cutting, grinding , flappy wheeling and got rid of the tabs / stuff I don't want on there. I was going to take before and after pics but forgot my camera. Also attempted to make a light bracket but I think the angle Iron I used is to short so the light I'm going to run would hit. So I will most likely be doing that again. O well.

didnt get some before pics

organic

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
looking good man. Does that hard tail have any stretch?

03Fx4MN

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Ordered a headlight and installed it.

First I drilled a hole as center as I could in my little homemade light tab and checked looks by putting it on with just the hole in it.

Then I took the tab off and cut off any excess metal that was in my way and re-installed it.

Then I installed the headlight. (the lens is off cause I was confused by the one wire coming out of it more on that later)

Lined it all up cosmetically

and... KA POW!!

The one wire really confused me ...for a second. I thought I was missing one cause online there's two in the pictures, but its a positive and the ground is just to the frame of the bike so through the mounting bolt it grounds out.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
that looks sick man. I'm starting to think about a project like that. Good luck with it

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals