• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

WELLSVILLE!, ohio.

sloth69mustang

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
97, 97, 91, 69
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.3, 4.0, 5.8
would any of you guys be interested in getting a trs campsite at wellsville? since oak tree has been sold. the village is the only campsite left. i bought a campsite last year and it was only 500 bucks but of course since the village is the only campsite left he decided to raise the price. this year it is 600 for a year. last year we bought 2 campsites next to each other and we had too much room. there was about 6 of us there and 2 trucks with trailers and 3 more trucks that drove there to go wheelin. and we barely used over half the area and thats counting tents and fire ring we made.

some of my non ranger buddies have lost interest in getting a campsite. i got a couple people that are still interested. it would 150 a person. the more people we get the more space we can buy. they only let 4 people buy into a site. 600/4=150. so if anyone is interested pm me or comment here. there is a lot more people here in ohio than i thought and wv and pa touch wellsville.

figured we might as well start something there and get a spot we can all get together and wheel on the weekends.

~bret

clevemech

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Manual
Hey Bret what's the name of the campground and do they have a website?

sloth69mustang

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
97, 97, 91, 69
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.3, 4.0, 5.8
the "lease" is from march to march and as long as my truck is running i will go at lease once a month down there. having your own campsite is nice down there bc you actually have room to spread out and its a little quieter on that side of the campground. you can buy per day or per weekend when you go down there but they put all those people in a certain area that is only so big and no matter how many people show up that weekend thats the only area they go. lol last year we described that side as the mad max side. it seemed like you were right up on top of other peoples area on that side. which i really dont care all that much but for some people that like to actually sleep at night (which at wellsville you dont sleep much anyway) the side where you buy a campsite is so quiet i actually fell asleep in the afternoon in the middle of our site lol it was like perfect 70 degree weather a little sun and shady with a breeze i was out cold hahahaha. anyway i would rather have a space to spread out.

plus i feel like my stuff is a little more safe bc there arent people right on top of my campsite looking at what i brought. i personally have never had any problems but you hear stories of dirtbikes and quads getting stolen.

backwoods

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I won't be going down this year, (truck is JUST going under the knife for a rebuild) but I'll be looking to rent next summer again and can even pull us a discount. Sorry, he won't let me give away a reduced rate unless I am one of those involved.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
I haven't been to Wellsville in years. I miss the days when you could go in along the tracks and not get bothered. I was probably the first to host an internet advertised trail ride down there around 2000. Unfortunately, there has been so much drama over land ownership, where you could and couldn't ride, and people vandalizing the campgrounds, that I simply quit going all together. I hate going somewhere and wondering if it's going to be OK, or if I'm trespassing.

I would like to get back in to wheeling more though. I have friends that go down there in buggies.

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Me too, Jim. That was my favorite part of TRS.

sloth69mustang

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
97, 97, 91, 69
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.3, 4.0, 5.8
I won't be going down this year, (truck is JUST going under the knife for a rebuild) but I'll be looking to rent next summer again and can even pull us a discount. Sorry, he won't let me give away a reduced rate unless I am one of those involved.
discount would be sweet. and we might be a little late for this year idk. its already june so they are already into their 4 month of the lease. i mean my truck is still currnetly in piece but fingers crossed for getting it done for 4th of july weekend down there.

sloth69mustang

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
97, 97, 91, 69
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.3, 4.0, 5.8
I haven't been to Wellsville in years. I miss the days when you could go in along the tracks and not get bothered. I was probably the first to host an internet advertised trail ride down there around 2000. Unfortunately, there has been so much drama over land ownership, where you could and couldn't ride, and people vandalizing the campgrounds, that I simply quit going all together. I hate going somewhere and wondering if it's going to be OK, or if I'm trespassing.

I would like to get back in to wheeling more though. I have friends that go down there in buggies.
yeah now that actually watch the train tracks by the buggy wash so you can ride along the side of them anymore. but you can still stay in free zone without problems. and seriously i havent had any problems with people stealing stuff. as long as you keep all your stuff out of site when you arent at your campsite its all good. i only hear people stealing atvs and dirt bikes. and as for trespassing it still seems to be fairly open. i havent tried to go up to oak tree since it was bought but i would assume its roped off or something. idk there is only a couple ways to get up to oak tree that i know of and we just dont go up those hills from the creek. there are so many over trails to ride :D

sloth69mustang

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
97, 97, 91, 69
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.3, 4.0, 5.8
so lets jump back into wheeling more! i would love to wheel with people from trs. i got a couple of friends that wheel. there is about 4 of us ranger guys that try and go down there every summer. it would be fun to see some other rangers down there. i think i only saw one other ranger while i was there last year.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15

sloth69mustang

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
97, 97, 91, 69
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.3, 4.0, 5.8
lets talk details on sunday :)

Yoder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
ill be down this fall!!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals