• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

almost done

94rangerxlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Got my new deck, with a remote and I-pod cable...

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/Source/CD-Players/DEH-P500UB

and put these two up front

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/prod...?model=SPS-507

one more question, was there a Factory amp in my truck? i've been told there is, and if so should I remove or unhook it while i run the amp out of the head unit instead? I know both shouldn't be running at the same time.

oops, haha, this was supposed to in my "new deck and speakers" thread. oh well.

Last edited:

slammed94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
my 94 didnt have an amp. i am not sure if some of them came with an amp or not, if yours does i would say to disconnect it just for the simple fact you will not be using it for anything. everything will be amped so i wouldn't even bother hooking up your speaker wires on the back of your deck to the wire harness (purple grey white and green)

Ranger SVO

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
If the plugs at the back of your factory radio resembles the diagram below, then it has an amp. Otherwise No Amp

94rangerxlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Factory radio and plug were gone a long time ago so I have no idea. I guess i'll look for one. Would it be under the glove box above the passenger side floor or someplace else specific in an extended cab?

Pistons23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
im not positive but i think it would be in the extended cab, passenger side.

Ranger SVO

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
You may not need to look for an amp. The input cable for the amp will be a blue or silver cable. It will resemble the blue cable in the picture below.

The wires in the cable will be noticably smaller that the other radio wires. Also, the cable is shielded, there will be a bare wire (no insulation) present

If all of your wires are the same size, then there is no amp

94rangerxlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I found the amp in the first place I looked:headbang:. On the passenger side to the right of the floor, it's under the small trim panel. So I'm going to take it out and put in a 4ch Sony Amp, with some help, that I got from a friend. Any tips on how to wire it up or is it pretty straight forward? Hopefully it fits in the same spot.

Pistons23

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
wiring an amp is pretty simple. run a length of power wire directly from the amp to the cars + battery terminal. then get a length of ground wire(keep it short as possible) and ground that to your frame or your cabs floor. just make sure its a good connection and the metal is bare(no paint). then all you have to do is get some remote wire and run that to the back of your headunit. you should have a blue wire with a white stripe, connect your ground wire to that. then mount your amp wherever you want.

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Don't forget to put a fuse on the power wire right near the battery, and you need to connect RCA wires to the head-unit too.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals