• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

pro street 88 extended cab

modxl

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
hi guys about time i started a build thread,the trucks a 88 extended cab 2.9 had it around 3yrs,was a real dog when i first got it lots of rot,spent first winter getting it back into half decent shape,and run it around like that until october last year then decided on v8 swap.Well thats when things went a bit crazy,engine box came out dec time and moved that on to a local lad to put in a volvo amazon,by the way im in england,so come jan sourced a 302 and c4 only to realise got a 75 smog motor so shit compression.not to worry build new motor i thought to my self.Well to top that of jan 10th was at work repairing a bebarking machine and spring snapped and took 2 of my fingers with it but ok saved themat hospital so here i am sitting around doing nothing for past 4 mths building my ideal truck in my head,first chance i got down to work shop tape measure in hand and out came front suspension,and in has gone jag ifs,slightly wider but can loose that with bigger back space wheels,no its got the stance i want reckon lowered by about 5 to 6 inches,dropped engine and box in this week to make up engine mounts and can even us the front pan sump.Clearance is a lot better with the ifs,manage to get a old set of 86 mustang headers today for a £1 of ebay just for mock up to see what clearance issues i will have,next job fab up some engine chassis mounts then lift cab off to build a rolling chassis and work on rear end keep you all updated and get pics up when i work out how to
steve

prerunner

Reaction score
Make / Model
Blue oval!
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
Must be tough to source parts in England. Sounds like a sweet project though. Post pictures, we'd all dig that. :yahoo:

:icon_cheers:

Dugan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989, 1949
Make / Model
Ford, IH
Engine Size
2.9L, 355 SBC
Transmission
Manual
If your going to race it the extended cab and frame are just shooting you in the foot

modxl

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
only get the odd run down strip,more for shows and runs really,chassis going to get a fair bit of strenghting along the way.and pro street look is a big thing here in england.As for getting parts it can be a right pain in the arse,dont get me wrong there are suppliers over here but most stuff for ranger needs importing as there are very few of them in this country,unlike a lot of the more common stuff,got a bloke about 70 miles from me that got 2 in his breakers yard but he nows how to price things because no one else has them will get pics up once i get a bit more done

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals