• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The new rig

Maverick

FoMoCo MoFo
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Picked this thing up last friday, flew up to Portland OR and drove it home. So far I really like it. It's 01 F250 PSD with a 6 speed and 79K, bought it from the original owner. I decided that my 02 Ranger wasn't going to cut it anymore, especially since I'll be towing the wheelin rig places this summer. Not to mention it gets equivalent or better fuel mileage, hauls more people, payload and ass than the Ranger ever would.

97BlackBetty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
LUCKY!!!! Yea I cant wait until I can afford one.

Ranger_Boi

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
are u gunna do ne thing to it?

Redneckryder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
my dad has one of those---the chip IS crazy!! saw a guy at the store, stage 4 bully dog, propane injected, nitrous, all sorts of stuff. crazy fast!!!

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
The "chip" is not crazy, depending on which one you buy. I personally would recommend a programmer over a chip for two reasons: with the chip in, its in thats it (at least the ones i have encountered thus far); with the programmer, you have different steps of program, stock, towing performance, and even different levels of performance depending on which brand you choose. I also would not buy a kit that is hard wired into the trucks harness, i have personally seen them cause more harm then good. I would recommend one that would plug into your OBII DLC and provide you with not having to mount any boxes or switches, and still give you the adjustability you want. And if you ever need work done to the truck, its a lot easier to plug up and pull the program out, than to remove a box and related harness. Just my thoughts, great looking truck you have there. I assume you have the 7.3 Power Stroke? If so check out the crank sensor on the front of the block, right above your harmonic balancer. If you have a gold bracket, check with your local ford dealer about having the recall on it performed, if you have a silver bracket, your good to go my friend. Just my thoughts and two cents, FWM.

Maverick

FoMoCo MoFo
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on the crank sensor. As far as the perfromance end goes, I was thinking maybe the Edge Evo because of on the fly adjustability. That and it's a complete set of gauges too. I'm not worried about ever pulling it to get it worked on, because I'll be the one working on it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals