• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

front end protection

mud flies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
hi folks... iwas wondering if any one can recomend(sp) something for the front of my 07 4x4 L11.i was out on some trails a few times last year and whilst having some good fun i cracked the plastic panel right below my license plate in half. I don't smash on my truck hard but i still want to try and protect this area from further damage.also my skid plate right there got bent up a little so i wouldn't be opposed to replacing it with sumthing a little sturdier.This seems like its a vulnerable part of my truck that i think requires additional protection for the type of wheeling i do(trails, mud holes and swamp excursions).i love my fourth ranger and want to keep it around for a while.You wouldn't believe the swamp it went through (by accident).Water over the hood and not even a hiccup. Straight through non stop,20 foot rooster tails impressing the heck outta my friends.wow good fun. Any how ...any suggestions are appreciated..thanks

jimd1050

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.2L Gasoline
Transmission
Automatic
Depends on how much you want to spend, I guess!

My plastic front cowl was getting beat up too AND I wanted a winch so I am doing this:

Bumper was $375 from Custom 4X4 Fabrication in Oklahoma City - I am adding the brush guard.

http://custom4x4fabrication.com/

JohnnyU

"Outlaw"
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevrolet
Engine Size
Ls2
Transmission
Automatic
Looks good Jim! My buddy has a bumper from them on his Cherokee. Very stout, and great quality!

jimd1050

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.2L Gasoline
Transmission
Automatic
Cherokee

Looks good Jim! My buddy has a bumper from them on his Cherokee. Very stout, and great quality!
Thanks - I couldn't believe the quality! The welding is superb, all the edges were ground down and really smooth - the guy has a great product! (IMO)

Ranger_Boi

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
k well i went to the web site and all there were was jeeps so how did u get one to fit ur ranger?

mud flies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
thanks for the reply jim.that is a sweet lookin setup.and the winch is also right up my ally.i usually go wheelin alone or with a buddy but without the winch i am leary of many places that have the "might get trapped in here look".(i hate walking and digging).Have you looked into how much a setup like that weighs compared to stock?Does it give any protection to the lower rad and tranny cooler and such.this is the area that concerns me between the bottom of the bumper and the front of the skid plate.all advice is appreciated thanks

mud flies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
actually after looking at the pic closer i can see the bottom edge sweeps back a fair bit.does this cover the area back to the skid plate well? again thanks

jimd1050

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.2L Gasoline
Transmission
Automatic
actually after looking at the pic closer i can see the bottom edge sweeps back a fair bit.does this cover the area back to the skid plate well? again thanks
Actually, no - I am debating whether to extend my skid plate to the bumper but am not sure yet. This picture shows how far back the bottom edge of the bumper extends.

As for the weight, it should come in at around 200 ponds with winch and bruck guard. The bumper alone is 110 lbs.

jimd1050

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.2L Gasoline
Transmission
Automatic
Jeep ZJ Bumper

k well i went to the web site and all there were was jeeps so how did u get one to fit ur ranger?
You'll have to call Mike - it's a newer version of the Jeep ZJ bumper and he resized the winch box and the position of his mounting brackets to match the Ranger frame rails. I fabricated my own mounting brackets after removing the front crossmember. Mike is working on stock mounting brackets now to avoid cutting the crossmember. Hope this helps!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals