• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Skyjacker class II 6" tire fitment pics

H311RzR

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
I have a class 2 skyjacker 6 inch lift, Belltech shackles in the rear, no body lift and 35/12.5 tires on it. Here are some pictures of how the tires fit with and without trimmed fenders.

First lets start with the front after the lift and no alignment...thats scheduled for friday!

Front left trimmed fender, full droop followed by full flex.

Rear left trimmed fender and bushwacker flair installed. full droop followed by full flex.

Rear right stock fender with trim installed. Full droop then full flex. You can start to see why trimming/body lift is required. I chose trimming due to the necessity of having my tires covered by a fender.

Now the best. the front right stock fender no trimming. full droop then full flex.

As you can see the tire bent the fender in in the rear.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
looks good

did you make those sliders on the rocker panels? they're different, i like

any plans to toss the d28?

DrewNukesEm

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Damn, that’s awesome man, good work. After seeing this, you just may have inspired me to go with a bigger lift on my Ranger than I was originally planning.

H311RzR

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
There are always plans to upgrade...lol When the 28 breaks/ I get enough extra time and cash ill put a d35 in it and go ahead and do the 8.8 in the rear also. The sliders came with the truck. I will re install them after I remove the existing trim and herculine the bottom few inches.

Bigger is better!!! I started out wanting 35's and knew I didnt want to do a body lift. The bushwhackers and 6 inch allowed me to do that, a little more technical work with the cutting but its manageable.

Last edited:

84bluebronco2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
How hard was it to install the Bushwhackers? I'm thinking not only do they look good, but it would solve the tiny spot of rust that is starting to eat my fender.

H311RzR

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
A measuring tape and pop rivet gun and drill along with a sawzall/plasma cutter/ portable band saw are the required tools. A grinder is useful as well to help trim and make a better fit. A friend is needed to hold the flairs while drawing the first line. I didnt use all the parts to install the fronts since I will be making custom fender wells. The rear is pretty easy. The only issue is when you cut the rear there will be a gap in the existing fender well that will need to be filled in with some sort of sealant. I was able to install them with decent mechanical knowledge and patients in about 4-6 hours of actual work time. This was my first attempt with metal trimming and riveting. It can remove rust spots...the rear cut about 1.5 to 2 inches off the stock fender and the fronts are about 2.5 to 3 inches of material removed.

Last edited:

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
You'll probably want to put a bigger drop pitman arm on there before you go in for your wheel alignment, I don't think that steering linkage is gonna come down enough to be lined up with your lift.

Truck looks good otherwise though. :icon_thumby:

H311RzR

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
we were looking at that. What I dont understand is that is the arm that came with the lift kit....but then again there was so much messed up with this kit i shouldn't be surprised.
The linkage should be pretty much straight as it sits correct?

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
we were looking at that. What I dont understand is that is the arm that came with the lift kit....but then again there was so much messed up with this kit i shouldn't be surprised.
The linkage should be pretty much straight as it sits correct?
Correct.
They don't seem to get it for some reason on these trucks (not just Skyjacker either, the whole industry it seems). :annoyed:

See here for info & some options:
http://www.therangerstation.com/Magazine/winter2008/steering_tech.htm

Hope that helps.

sixty9oz

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Rear left trimmed fender and bushwacker flair installed. full droop followed by full flex.

It's probably just the angle of the pic or something, but it looks like the axle is farther forward on the drivers side. :dunno:

H311RzR

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
It's probably just the angle of the pic or something, but it looks like the axle is farther forward on the drivers side. :dunno:
Yeah when it droops down it moves forward since the main attachment point is in front. The rear shackle allows the forward movement. Its also on the downside of a ditch so that may assist in the movement.

4x4junkie Thanks for the link. I may see if the shop can make an arm while im getting it aligned. I just measured it out and even the "extreme" drop arm wont be long enough. Can you think of any other fix's besides a whole new steering setup?

Last edited:

chrwilkins30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Where are your hubs.

The only option is a FA600, If you don't want custom steering.

H311RzR

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
I just temp installed the tires, hubs will go on Friday. The truck wont fit in the garage with the 35's on it. I ordered the Fa600 it still isnt quite enough. looks like it will be off by about an inch, but thats better than it is now and I dont have the time for a custom steering setup at the moment. Maybe one day... I just wanna get it back on the road...its been almost 2 years.

DrewNukesEm

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Bigger is better!!! I started out wanting 35's and knew I didnt want to do a body lift. The bushwhackers and 6 inch allowed me to do that, a little more technical work with the cutting but its manageable.
Yeah I definitely don’t want a body lift either. I don’t think I’ll go as big as you did, but you have inspired me to go bigger than I originally planned. We’ll see what happens… Haha.

Anyways, I like it. Good work man! :icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals