• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anybody ever done the Hatfield & McCoy Trail?

red85

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
306 ci
Transmission
Automatic
Hi everybody... (hi Dr. Nick :icon_twisted:)

Has anyone ever ridden the Hatfield and McCoy trail system in WV? My family is looking at a vacation where we will spend the majority of the time on our dirt bikes. What I'm looking for is places to stay/avoid, which trails are best for views and GoPro footage. Any input on this would be great!

Phil

Redneckryder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Red, did you ever get any of the info you were looking for? There are a couple small towns that are close to the trail system, but your best bet is to find a place to stay in Bluefield, WV and trailer your stuff to the trail head. County seat in McDowell county is Welch, but believe it of not, it is a rough town. Not an ideal place to stay. I spent a year down there, remember it quite well. I spent all my time on road, so I cant help with best footage and other stuff though....

mpreece

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Red I sent you a pm on the H/M trail. I live close to the trail system. I would recommend staying in Gilbert, WV. Plenty of places to eat very ATV/Dirt bike friendly town. Trail fest was just completed and the attendance was amazing!! There is other towns to stay in that have trail heads for the trail system. Most of the towns are small in size but big in heart and very friendly people.

036speed

02/2013 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
F-250
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
I have taken my ATV there a few times. I have been to 2 of the 5 parks. Its about a 5-6 hr drive for me. I prefer that place over all the other places I have been too. It is always a good time!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals