• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Brian from Hackett Arkansas

briankmizell

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
hello everyone:

My name is Brian, I am a frequent member of a mazda forum, I am in the process of putting a motorcraft 2100 two barrell carb on my B2200

I am thinking that many people have put this same carb on the ford 2.3 liter, since the 2.3l is nearly the same size as the 2.2 I figure the autolite carb will work pretty good.

So I am here to get some info on jetting this carb to suit my truck.

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Welcome to trs Brian.

briankmizell

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic

briankmizell

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
I got the 2" spacer for a holly 500 CFM carb welded to the B2200 intake. I am using a Motorcraft 2100 1.01 venturi.

the truck will try to fire up, but it only does so when i pump the accellerator about 5 or 6 times, then it starts and tries to idle for a second or so.

I soaked the carb in B12 Chemitool cleaner for two days, and blew all the holes out with 120 pounds of compressed air. I soaked it another two days and did the same thing.

None of the holes were restricted, but the way it acts when i try to start it, is like the jets or the venturi cluster assembly of the carb is clogged.

I am thinking its just not getting any fuel after I tap the accellerator pump several times. I took the carb off again and used small strand of stiff wire and run it through all the holes of the Venturi cluster assembly. Nothing was clogged.

I also took the jets back out and checked those holes... nothing was clogged.

Do you have any advice as to what the problem could be?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals