• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Springs compress too much after winch bumper

hitech_hick

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I am running a 4 inch suspension (trailmaster) and 3 inch body lift, my fenders are trimmed, and I sportin' 35's. After I added my winch and bumper (about 200# combined weight) I can't seem to keep my tires out of my fenders. The truck doesn't seem to sit any lower, but I can sure feel it on the bumps. Have thought about harsher shocks, longer bumpstops, and longer or stiffer springs. Any suggestions?

hick

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Go with a 6" coil, or maybe just a 4" superlift coil. People are always complaining their too stiff, in your case I think it'll work. You may be able to trade someone for your slightly softer coils.

-andew

hitech_hick

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Go with a 6" coil, or maybe just a 4" superlift coil. People are always complaining their too stiff, in your case I think it'll work. You may be able to trade someone for your slightly softer coils.

-andew
Yeah, I was thinking about that. I have also considered 4 inch f150 coils, but I don't want my COG too high. I could stand going up an inch or two, but I wouldn't want any more lift than that.

hick

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
4" F150 coils will put you way up there. I'd try a set of leveling or 2.5" coils. I was running F150's and a 1.75" spacer for a 4" lift when I still had the TTB under my truck.

-andrew

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals