• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The craziest suspension ever!

Loanranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989/
Make / Model
Ford/
Fordzuki
Engine Size
2.9/2.3
Transmission
Manual
Man that is pretty cool, the coolest part is when it does the nightrider jump over the curb! So when do you think they'll make a longtravel kit? lol

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
lol that is crazy ..... MAKG would like this one.

dangeranger01

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
That was awsome!!!!!!!!!

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
haha, i totally didnt see that coming :clapping:

you know that really opens up a lot of options for vehicle suspensions though. being able to actively adjust for loads and conditions means you could have an f-350 that rides like a crown vic both empty or while towing 12,000lbs.

BobR

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ferd
Transmission
Manual
think of the amperage that thing would use. it might need a 2000 amp alternator.

Bob

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
think of the amperage that thing would use. it might need a 2000 amp alternator.
Not really. The optimal algorithm -- if done correctly -- would be the one that uses the smallest average current. It's mathematically equivalent to how much jarring the driver feels.

It sounds like a clever idea -- and these guys have rep for clever ideas -- but it's rather hard to evaluate when the algorithms are "proprietary." That's what patents are for (yes, you CAN patent an algorithm, and there have been several well known examples, such as RSA encryption).

Don't think of these like "hydraulics" like you might see in a Cheech & Chong movie. That's not how you would want to operate it.

While this approach sounds very interesting, the one I **REALLY** want to see is electromagnetic engine valves. If you could control those with a module, you could dynamically adjust valve timing, duration, lift, and so on adaptively for conditions, and make a "perfect" engine without a bunch of camshafts, chains, etc.

Last edited:

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.

Bob
the article said it uses about 1/3 of the energy needed to run the A/C system.

JFA_Spyderman

Law Enforcement
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Yo,
That is pretty sick. There has got to be some way to adapt that to 4x4ing.

I wish they would get really up close and show you how the suspension system works. Did anybody see a link for the english version?

almostclueless

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
While this approach sounds very interesting, the one I **REALLY** want to see is electromagnetic engine valves. If you could control those with a module, you could dynamically adjust valve timing, duration, lift, and so on adaptively for conditions, and make a "perfect" engine without a bunch of camshafts, chains, etc.

Amen to that!!! It would open up a whole new avenue to tuning of the average car......and with presets, max economy day to day and almost a top fueler on the weekend.....with reduced valvetrain load on the engine to boot!!

philzilla

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Almost 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
dude , thats awsome

Dave R

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Kaiser
Transmission
Manual
Already been done, in fact Ford has the technology and has test mules using it.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
Already been done, in fact Ford has the technology and has test mules using it.
i thought that sounded familiar. hasnt honda done some similer experiments?

BobR

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ferd
Transmission
Manual
Not really. The optimal algorithm -- if done correctly -- would be the one that uses the smallest average current. It's mathematically equivalent to how much jarring the driver feels.

It sounds like a clever idea -- and these guys have rep for clever ideas -- but it's rather hard to evaluate when the algorithms are "proprietary." That's what patents are for (yes, you CAN patent an algorithm, and there have been several well known examples, such as RSA encryption).

Don't think of these like "hydraulics" like you might see in a Cheech & Chong movie. That's not how you would want to operate it.

I see 4, 2 direction linear motors possably that are computer controled with regererating capability.
on smooth flat road I could believe their power estimates but no way on the illmaintained streets in many US cities, or offroading.

Bob

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals