• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

problem finding part

Rolf Persson

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
HOPE SOMEONE
can help me with a problem ..... I have a 1994 4.0 liter and have been doing some repairs (i.e. changing heads - one cracked). When I began to put it back together I found 2 "mystery cups", both broken, on top of the hydraulic lifters. I am trying to find out where I can purchase replacements ---or if the part is even necessary because there is nothing in the manuals and no one, not even Ford dealers, have been able to explain what it is. There is a number - part number?? - INA F-46705.11 Any information is appreciated!

swamprat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
HOPE SOMEONE
can help me with a problem ..... I have a 1994 4.0 liter and have been doing some repairs (i.e. changing heads - one cracked). When I began to put it back together I found 2 "mystery cups", both broken, on top of the hydraulic lifters. I am trying to find out where I can purchase replacements ---or if the part is even necessary because there is nothing in the manuals and no one, not even Ford dealers, have been able to explain what it is. There is a number - part number?? - INA F-46705.11 Any information is appreciated!

Could you post a pic of the part. Is this cup on the other lifters as well? I cant think of anything between the lifter and pushrod. I went to fordparts.com and that number doesnt work. Nothing in the exploded views

Last edited:

Rolf Persson

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
I will try to post a pic it maby take a day or so yes it sits on all lifters and it is not between the rod and the lifter it is around the rod and on the top off the lifter it seems to be clip on to the spring retainer and it is made off some kind off hard plastik
Rolf

High Desert Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I will try to post a pic it maby take a day or so yes it sits on all lifters and it is not between the rod and the lifter it is around the rod and on the top off the lifter it seems to be clip on to the spring retainer and it is made off some kind off hard plastik
Rolf
If it is a beveled plastic that looks like it sits on top of the lifter, than it's part of the lifter. IIRC, these are sort of "funnels" to help position the push rods into the lifter, and IIRC you can go without them, but might have a more difficult time getting the pushrod into the right place. They are really useful for putting the pushrods into place when you have the intake on and cannot see what you are doing like the typical SBF. (I know that you have know choice but to have the intake on.

Just remember that if you do replace lifters, that it must be done before the heads go on.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals