• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

couple things, one problem, one not

dburton07

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.Ugh
Transmission
Automatic
i'll start off with the problem:

for some reason, the floor under my floor mat on the passenger side is always wet. it never seems to dry. ive looked under my truck at the body and there doesnt seem to be any rot where water could go up through, im stumped here:sad:

and now the not problem:
how hard is it to re fabric the headliner? mines saggin in a couple spots and i want to re fabric it but what im also wondering is, is there a certain type of fabric that id have to use?

Thanks

mudnsnow

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L EFI
Transmission
Automatic
go in your truck and ask a friend to make some "rain" with the garden hoses. Look carefully for any leaks. It can be your heater core the source of your wet mat.

dburton07

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.Ugh
Transmission
Automatic
the thing is though, the floor mat isnt wet on top, i never see the top of my floor mat wet (unless its raining or snowing of course) its always under it

as far as fake rain, ill have to wait on that till it gets warmer that way i dont turn my truck into a popcicle

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I had floor mats that had a plastic backing (with all the small spike things) and it would make the carpet wet underneath it (on the passenger's side). It I flip the mat over, so that the carpeted side is down, it doesn't do it. I think this is justbecuase there is a small amount of moisture under it, and the exhaust also runs under the passenger side, so it the plastic traps the moisture underneath it. I hope that helped.

dburton07

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.Ugh
Transmission
Automatic
ill get a picture of the floor when i get my truck back today from portland glass (new windshield)

trish

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
hummer
Transmission
Automatic
the thing is though, the floor mats isnt wet on top, i never see the top of my floor mat wet (unless its raining or snowing of course) its always under it

as far as fake rain, ill have to wait on that till it gets warmer that way i dont turn my truck into a popcicle

See if you can find any trace of water that ran down. That's where I get it if it rains heavily and I'm driving. I think it comes somewhere from the bottom of the windshield; probably a drainage that's clogged.

Last edited:

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Heater cores are notorious for leaving wet floorboards. I had this problem though in the Focus. I had a tear in the foam layer under the door panel that caused it to leak. Easy fix once I found it. Also check your weather stripping.

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
this thread is 2 years old :icon_confused:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals