• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Parts Is Parts...Not So Much! Glad I did a price shop...

RhainyC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Well after all the wonderful help from all you great folks...I saved Mom a whopping $165.00!!! :yahoo:

I was going to just order via Partsamerica.com to be delivered to my local Schucks...easy for pick up and returns if needed...well...let me tell you guys, do your research!

RockAuto.com had the exact same parts for $165.00 LESS :shok: than our *cheapy* parts store :rolleyes: did...so, I am trying to get Partsamerica.com to price match...but, if they don't I am going to order via RockAuto.com

Hell, I may take Mom our for a nice supper once the truck's driving proper again! :icon_thumby: It didn't hurt that she told me tonight that she bought an '88 F150 today for $900.00...all part of the great Ford family. :D

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
Right on, good to hear thats its all working out for ya

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I should warn you, I have a personal policy about buying things from Kragen/Checker/Shucks. If it comes in a bottle with a well known brand name on it, it's OK. Otherwise, no.

I've bought too many absolutely ridiculous parts from those guys. The last straw was a "rebuilt" Rochester Monojet carburetor with the idle mixture screw driven right through the casting. I've had DOA starter motors, alternators, and so on.

Hardwareman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
AAAW, come on mike!

I just went there to buy my engine gasket set and they even beat the lowest competitor by 5%.

I know........I know, this is a "known" good thing to buy as it's a Fel-Pro set..hahaha.

Allen

RhainyC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I should warn you, I have a personal policy about buying things from Kragen/Checker/Shucks. If it comes in a bottle with a well known brand name on it, it's OK. Otherwise, no.

I've bought too many absolutely ridiculous parts from those guys. The last straw was a "rebuilt" Rochester Monojet carburetor with the idle mixture screw driven right through the casting. I've had DOA starter motors, alternators, and so on.
Exactly why I chose MOOG parts, specifically...they are a quality part and Schucks carries them, and they can be ordered online for store pick up...now if they'd just answer the dang email to Customer Service...If they haven't answered by Monday, I am simply going to print out all the pages from RockAuto.com and take them with me, along with a printed page of their *pricing policy* from the Schucks website... *Wicked Grin*

Believe me MAKG, I KNOW how bad those guys can be...my ex was a parts man/mechanic for NAPA for nigh on 35 years...and he was a Grumpy Jenkins fan...helluva mechanic was my ex...he taught me what I know...(well knew back then) ;)

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals