• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

stereo problems

fordboi415

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0V6
Transmission
Manual
ok so i had this stereo system installed in my truck a few months ago, i have a pioneer headunit, 4 5x7 speakers, a 600 watt kenwood amp, and a 12 inch sub, now my problem is when my truck hits 3000 rpms the stereo cuts out like theres a short somewhere and it only dos it at 3000 when its full throttle, well ive taken it back to the shop a dozen times and they have yet to come up with a solution except for its my amp, well i have had the amp longer than everything else and its never done this before, can someone please shed some light?

slammed94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
first off i would suggest upgrading your electrical (alt., wires, batt.) i would also check all of your connections it might just be a bad ground

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
what do you mean cuts out? does the head unit keep playing or does all sound cease (H/U and sub)? does the head unit go blank or stay lit? what does your volt gauge do when the problem occurs?

i dont see a short only happening at 3,000 RPM...but not happening occasionally going over bumps.

im wondering if your alternator is doing something weird...

bigspaceghost

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
4.sl0w
Transmission
Manual
cut out

Many types of amps and radios will go into a safe mode when voltage drops below a certain point. I have come across this problemm several times before. Particular rpm does make me wonder about voltage regulator.

fordboi415

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0V6
Transmission
Manual
its funny cuz the shop has checked everything that both they and i could think of, the stereo just sounds distorted as ****, my lights dont dim the headunit doesnt dim so it couldnt be my alt., everything has been looked at, connections, ground, amp, all my gauges give good readouts and i still have yet to find out whats goin on, and the code reader isnt pickin anything up either

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals