• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

liftin the ranger

rangermx25

Reaction score
I should be gettin some 32 or 33s in a couple weeks and a 3" body lift, but i think i mite just want a little more than 3" after a while. what are some cheap ways to do this could i change the coils in the front and put blocks in the back or crank the torsion bars up(yes its a 98 or newer 4x4) and put in blocks?

Dangeranger3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
In the tech library theres a section of lifting for cheap. Coil spacers, f-150 coils, belltech shackles, explorer leaf swap, etc. Most people want to stay away from the blocks as they can cause some axle hop.

pimtool

OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
I should be gettin some 32 or 33s in a couple weeks and a 3" body lift, but i think i mite just want a little more than 3" after a while. what are some cheap ways to do this could i change the coils in the front and put blocks in the back or crank the torsion bars up(yes its a 98 or newer 4x4) and put in blocks?
Coils on a 98+ 4x4? Not to mention coils and torsion bars? I admit I dont know much about newer suspensions, but this dont sound right.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
if its a 98 then do a torsion bar crank, thats good for a couple inches..... explorer springs, or 63" chevy springs in the back is also good for a couple inches....... stay away from blocks........ blocks are bad ..... trac bars make them better but they are still bad... leads to axle wrap and eventually broken springs.

hitech_hick

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
if its a 98 then do a torsion bar crank, thats good for a couple inches..... explorer springs, or 63" chevy springs in the back is also good for a couple inches....... stay away from blocks........ blocks are bad ..... trac bars make them better but they are still bad... leads to axle wrap and eventually broken springs.
2x on the blocks. Factory blocks are OK for a pavement pounder, but they are horrid off road. Even a cheap set of traction bars can improve on lift blocks, but I would opt to not run them unless you absolutely had to...

hick

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
In the tech library theres a section of lifting for cheap. Coil spacers, f-150 coils, belltech shackles, explorer leaf swap, etc. Most people want to stay away from the blocks as they can cause some axle hop.
:agree: Only question is what type of front sus. do you have? If you have torsion bars, then crank em. If you have coils i reccomend new coils. The spacers can split.:bad:(personal experience...should post a pic of em)

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Coils on a 98+ 4x4? Not to mention coils and torsion bars? I admit I dont know much about newer suspensions, but this dont sound right.
If it is 2wd it will have coils, 4x4's should have torsion bars if they are 1998 or newer.

Natedog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Body lift is not good for several reasons...I would do a 2" at the most...have a home made billet aluminum 1" cab only lift on my Toyota to clear 36 TSL SXs and lift my tranny and transfer case so that bottom of chassis is almost flat. None on my Ranger.

Cranking torsion bars rides like crap, you lose down travel which is also very important, increases bump steer, and wears out balljoints alot faster.

... If you have coils i reccomend new coils. The spacers can split.:bad:(personal experience...should post a pic of em)
PICS!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals